So, what amps do you own?

Non Mesa Boogie amp discussion

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned

Rider1260
Mark I
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by Rider1260 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:02 pm

MK V /90 ( running EL34s )
PRS H ( Running EL34s )
Fender Custom Vibrolux
Mesa MKIIb ( my first in 82 )
Mesa MK V
PRS 2 Channel H
Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects
TC Electronics Nova System
PRS Guitars

User avatar
Nitrobattery
Mark IV
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:10 pm
Location: Central NY
Contact:

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by Nitrobattery » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm

2021 updated shot

Image

User avatar
CoG
Donating Member
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by CoG » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:51 pm

Nitrobattery wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm
2021 updated shot

Image
Killer set of amps. I'm curious, the Supersonic! That's not one you hear a lot about, good or bad. It's in very good company there. What does it do for you?
Dual Rectifier Tremoverb 100 Head
MkIII Green Stripe DRG
Royal Atlantic RA-100 Head
Recto Trad 4x12
Also owned: Rec Pre, 20/20, Bottle Rocket, a bunch of Mark IIIs, a bunch of Rectos, a bunch of Mesa cabs, a bunch of other amps

Joey1970
Bottle Rocket
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:01 pm

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by Joey1970 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:36 pm

MESA Simul Mark IIC+ (6L6/6CA7) EVM halfback 4x12 cab
MESA Simul Mark IIC+ (6L6) 2x EVM Thiele cabs
MESA Simul Mark IIC+ (6L6/6CA7) 2x EVM Thiele cabs
EVH 5153 100W Stealth EVH Stealth 4x12 cab

All hooked to the MESA amp switcher and tuned a little different. 1,2,3, or all 4 at once via a modified Voodooman footswitch.

User avatar
Nitrobattery
Mark IV
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:10 pm
Location: Central NY
Contact:

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by Nitrobattery » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:27 pm

CoG wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:51 pm
Nitrobattery wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm
2021 updated shot

Image
Killer set of amps. I'm curious, the Supersonic! That's not one you hear a lot about, good or bad. It's in very good company there. What does it do for you?
I used to do product demos for a retailer, and for pedal demos I wanted an amp that everyone pretty much knew what it sounded like...and that also wasn't out of reach price-wise for the average weekend warrior guitar player. It has a few different modes as well as a dirty channel, but I mainly just used it as a Bassman with an effects loop. That way if someone was interested in a $120 pedal, and owned a Fender amp, they'd have a pretty good idea of that the pedal sounded like from the video.

99% of the time for my own stuff I use the PT100 for all of my clean tones, but the Fender is a handy thing to have. It's a lot of amp for the money...especially used.

User avatar
CoG
Donating Member
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:59 pm
Location: Canada

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by CoG » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:55 am

Nitrobattery wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:27 pm

I used to do product demos for a retailer, and for pedal demos I wanted an amp that everyone pretty much knew what it sounded like...and that also wasn't out of reach price-wise for the average weekend warrior guitar player. It has a few different modes as well as a dirty channel, but I mainly just used it as a Bassman with an effects loop. That way if someone was interested in a $120 pedal, and owned a Fender amp, they'd have a pretty good idea of that the pedal sounded like from the video.

99% of the time for my own stuff I use the PT100 for all of my clean tones, but the Fender is a handy thing to have. It's a lot of amp for the money...especially used.
Much appreciated. I've been using my Mark III for Fender-y stuff in a project and it sounds fine but the sh!t 80s fx loop is just starting to get to me, and when playing face to face starts up again Marks are just such little bitches about cabs. But end of the day I can't justify more than about $500 worth of "clean amp". Might start keeping an eye out for a Supersonic, when I do see them the prices seem rock bottom. Thanks!
Dual Rectifier Tremoverb 100 Head
MkIII Green Stripe DRG
Royal Atlantic RA-100 Head
Recto Trad 4x12
Also owned: Rec Pre, 20/20, Bottle Rocket, a bunch of Mark IIIs, a bunch of Rectos, a bunch of Mesa cabs, a bunch of other amps

User avatar
Nitrobattery
Mark IV
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:10 pm
Location: Central NY
Contact:

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by Nitrobattery » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:57 pm

CoG wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:55 am
Nitrobattery wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:27 pm

I used to do product demos for a retailer, and for pedal demos I wanted an amp that everyone pretty much knew what it sounded like...and that also wasn't out of reach price-wise for the average weekend warrior guitar player. It has a few different modes as well as a dirty channel, but I mainly just used it as a Bassman with an effects loop. That way if someone was interested in a $120 pedal, and owned a Fender amp, they'd have a pretty good idea of that the pedal sounded like from the video.

99% of the time for my own stuff I use the PT100 for all of my clean tones, but the Fender is a handy thing to have. It's a lot of amp for the money...especially used.
Much appreciated. I've been using my Mark III for Fender-y stuff in a project and it sounds fine but the sh!t 80s fx loop is just starting to get to me, and when playing face to face starts up again Marks are just such little bitches about cabs. But end of the day I can't justify more than about $500 worth of "clean amp". Might start keeping an eye out for a Supersonic, when I do see them the prices seem rock bottom. Thanks!
I grabbed mine for $500 used. A lot of bang for the buck.

zzzzz
Bottle Rocket
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Re: So, what amps do you own?

Post by zzzzz » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:17 pm

1953 Gibson GA-40
1960 Gibson GA-5
1961 blonde Fender Bassman piggyback with both a 1*12 and 2*12 30” tone ring cabinets
1964 Fender Princeton Non Reverb
1992? ADA MP-1
1993 Rocktron Chameleon
1994 Mesa Triaxis
1994 Rocktron Velocity 300
1994 Marshall 1959 Reissue
1994 Fender Stereo Pak
1995 Mesa 2:90
1995 Crate Stealth GT-50 combo
1995 Crate VIntage Club 20 1*12
1999? Mesa DC-3
2016 Roland JC-40
2017 Boss Katana Head
2018 Mesa Recoverb 25
2019 Marshall 2525c
2020 Mesa MarkV:35
2021 Boss Nextone Special

Post Reply