• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Peterson AutoStrobe™ 490 Tuner FS ***SOLD***

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken j

Reaction score
Peterson AutoStrobe™ 490 Tuner for sale

From the Peterson web site:

Made in the U.S.A.
Only Peterson strobe tuners respond at the speed of light to display relative tuning of any audio source to 0.1 of a cent (1/1000 of a semitone) accuracy!

With such new AutoStrobe models as the Model 490, students, technicians, and musicians at all levels can utilize automatic (hands-free) note selection for fast, accurate tuning of instruments. This feature also permits real-time display of intonation to improve performance and listening skills while playing.

Automatic Note Selection
Automatic Image Clarity And Contrast Control - internal compensation for optimal viewing over a wide range of source pitch and volume.
Improved Clarity For Upper And Lower Register Notes - +2/-1 display feature shifts the strobe patterns into more visible middle ranges - bass note patterns can be displayed two octaves higher and treble note patterns can be displayed one octave lower in strobe display.
Easy Transposition - strobe patterns appear at the correct note for Bb, F, And Eb instruments.
Built in microphone
External Input And Through Output

This is still currently in production.

Included is the Peterson TP-3™ Clip-On Pickup.

From the Peterson website:

Peterson TP-3 Clip-On Tuning Pickup includes a more sensitive piezo pickup than any previous model to improve the signal transmission of your acoustic instrument into your tuner. The larger opening can now accommodate even the most challenging placement. Higher gripping tension ensures that the TP-3 stays in place without damaging your instrument.

Use with any instrument and any tuner.
Totally isolate your instrument from any other sound in the room permitting confident tuning even in the noisiest environments.
Clips onto the lead pipe, barrel of a flute, or any round tubing on horns with no marring to the instrument.
Jaws feature padded ends to clip on the bell of the horn of brass instruments or various parts of a stringed instrument.
No batteries required.
1/4" input jack is compatible with many instrument tuners .
Long, heavy-duty cord with strain relief for added durability and longer life.
The perfect accessory when used with original Peterson tuning hardware.

I will also include a Matrix suction cup pickup similar to the one sold at Peterson. (It looks the same to me other than the name, but I can't verify that it is the same item re-branded.)

I have used this tuner for both guitar set-ups (intonation and tuning) and piano tuning. It includes the original shipping box and owners manual. I also have a 90 degree power cord to enable it to sit on top of an upright piano or at the back of a bench against a wall.

$250

Slideshow

Since Photobucket recently updated their website I have been having some issue with it. If you can't access the slideshow I will be happy to email pics to you. Just PM your email address.

Latest posts

Back