Keith Richards Mk I settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw4951

Reaction score
I had copied a post from a forum a few years ago that purported to have Keith's typical settings for his Mk I. It had the volume and tone stack settings as well as some very unsusual GEQ settings. I've searched and searched, and I can't find my hard copies or the original forum post anywhere. Can anybody here help? Thanks!

Did some more searching and found the settings, which I copied from a post on an unknown forum back in 2013. Here they are for anybody who’s chasing Keith Mark I tone:

Bbender75:
as a reference point, use below settings. As you can see, he uses some very unique settings for bass and mids and balance them later with the graphic EQ.

- input 1
- vol 1: 5
- vol 2: 7
- master: 3.5
- treble: 6.5
- bass: 5.5
- middle: 0.5
- EQ in

80 Hz: 25% (half way between center line and all down)
240 Hz: 25%
750 Hz: 100% (all the way up)
2200 Hz: 50% (center line)
6600 Hz: 25%

Keith set the Boogie to 60 watt mode and plugged the 8 ohm speaker into the 4 ohm jack.

Best of luck!

Did some more searching and found the settings, which I copied from a post on an unknown forum back in 2013. Here they are for anybody who’s chasing Keith Mark I tone:
Keith didn’t use Boogie amps for very long. Wiki has Keith using them from 77 to 93. 16 years is a long time.

Keith didn’t use Boogie amps for very long. Wiki has Keith using them from 77 to 93. 16 years is a long time.
I’m primarily focused on Some Girls/Emotional Resuce tones. Thought I remember him using his main Mk I live up through the Expensive Winos. What’s your source? I’m interested in learning more…

I’m primarily focused on Some Girls/Emotional Resuce tones. Thought I remember him using his main Mk I live up through the Expensive Winos. What’s your source? I’m interested in learning more…
I started out thinking Boogie were used briefly and I saw a mention in Wiki and gear sites and he used them for 16 years. I typically, remember Keith using an Ampeg VT-40. I had one for a while and they do the Mick Taylor era quite well.

I didn’t follow them after Tatoo You, so I wasn’t sure what he used. I saw a rig review where Keith was using a high power Tweed Twin and an old Marshall. He has used small amps in the studios too.

Regards

Mark

Back