Eminence texas heat in boogie 1x12 for express 5:5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slyfox

Reaction score
Anyone try this combination? I'm using a v30 now but cant help but be curious about those big mids on the texas heat.

I used a Texas Heat with a Mark IV and really liked it. With my Express 5:25 I have been using a Cannabis Rex and really like it. I have to say, on an older Mesa Studio .22 that I used to own, the amp was OK as practice amp, but not enough to be used with a band. I opted to put in an Eminence Wizard, and bingo....amp is a killer grab and go even with a loud drummer. The Wizard is rated at 103db. To gain an extra 3db it requires a more efficient speaker or a doubling of power. Since the Studio .22 is ~20w, (probably more like 18w) going from a speaker of 97db to one that is 103db, is like doubling power twice, (18w amp to 36w and then again to ~70w). Bottom line, with the more efficient speaker, it gets louder and I found the voicing was great for that amp and made it loud enough to keep up with a 5 piece rock band. I suspect the Wizard might be good in the Express, too. FYI - a V30 efficiency is 100db and a Texas Heat is 99.6db. So they will be the same loudness, just voiced different. Cannabis Rex is 101.8 and Wizard is 102.8db.

Last edited:
Eminence makes some choice speakers, and the Texas Heat is sure one of them. You won't know till you try tho. And it's an efficient one too, so things may get louder!

Latest posts

Back