Dual Rectifier MW mod to 2ch sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levin

Reaction score
Hello friends! English is not my native language.

I am a fan of Mesa Rectifier. I have several preamps AMT R1, R&R SL/LD. I recently owned a Rectowerb 50, sold it and bought a Dual Rectifier Multi Watt and Rectifier 2x12 Cabinet to have the most modern and advanced Rectifier tone. I play heavy rock, punk, metal. I don't play djent in low tunings. I play at home through a good loadbox/attenuator, so I have the opportunity to make the amplifier louder. I prefer to play through analogues TS808. I tried to do Highgain mod (250 kOm/1 mOm), I didn’t really like it. I also prefer the Sponge mode and 50 watts.

The question is, I was expecting a slightly more aggressive tone from the amp. In fact, it is a little (I don’t know how to say exactly) not saturated. I know that's the thing about Rectifier. However, if you connect even a transistor preamp (made on the basis of a two-channel model) to the effects loop, you can set up a more powerful and aggressive sound. As if the preamp of the amplifier is missing something. Plus, with the loop turned on, Rectifier's famous fizz is even more annoying.

I'm thinking of trying to replace it with a two-channel revision G, but I'm afraid of losing a modern amplifier with a good clean channel and many useful features.

Maybe there are some well-known mods to make the sound of the Multi Watt look like the old two-channel?

A 10-band EQ, a Tube Screamer, or maybe a Klon clone, or a Fortin Grind might be good choices to boost the signal to the amp; without having to mod the amp itself. My Dual Rec sound darker, just by having the FX loop on. The "3 channel Triple Rectifier Loop Mod.(Parallel to Series)" will clear up that prob; at the cost of always having the FX loop enabled.

The MultiWatt modern tone is voiced like the 2 channel Rev F, so there is no need to mod it.

Have you tried running various boost pedals in front yet? That's how Rectos get their heavy sounds. Boost + amp + sealed V30 cab is a well proven combination.

Back