88' Mark III Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdude7625

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had this Mark III blue stripe combo with the EV-12m for 20+ years. Back in the day I built a cabinet and made a head that sat nicely atop a 4x12 Marshall. I left the reverb tank and speaker mounted in the box. No need for reverb playing Metallica covers at those levels.

Fast forward, I'm now in my fifties and have a small home studio. Since I don't play metal anymore, things like reverb and tremolo are scratching the itch so I put the combo back together. The reverb however is faint, hardly noticeable. I switched the leads to be sure but that had no impact. I gave the tank and RCA cables a good visual and found nothing that looked suspect. All connections are solid, all springs appear to be in working order. I cycled the foot switch and the toggle to be sure I was in the right mode. I can't visually find the issue. I should say that when I separated the head from speaker box the reverb was plentiful. I stored it in my house with other musical gear so it was never subjected to the weather.

Maybe it is the tank but I wanted to be sure it's not operator error before replacing the original. Is there a way to bench test the tank's operation other than meter readings?
Is this common enough to get some feedback?

Any advice would be appreciated,
Henry
P.S. The tank from my Blues Deluxe was a bad idea!!!

Back