• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

.50 Caliber + 1x12 Combo(6L6/EVM-12L/EQ/Lead Master) SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commaKaze

Reaction score
I really almost hate to put this up for sale...but as the "gear game" goes round, I have my eye on something else. I really love this amp...glassy cleans, unrivaled blues breakup, and ridiculous distortion. I know these are becoming more rare and increasing in value (still very reasonable for now though).

I bought this used 'bout 3 years ago. I've maintained it really well. I just had my tech go over it again, and he's said it's never sounded better... got retubed, rebiased, a resistor change (per Mesa spec) and I swapped the AC power cord for a better quality bit longer more durable one. Mesa STR-440 6L6s have much less than 100 hours. 12A_7 tubes include 3 US/GB NOS, then JJ and Svetlana.

I also had my tech install an Accutronics full-sized reverb tank in the bottom of the cab. Stock, the .50 Cal has the teeny springs in the chassis (still in tact). The verb is now really lush and gorgeous.

Definitely has some wear and tear, & definite dings (see right)...took a hit once but this thing is built like a tank. All in all looks great for a 21 year old amp, and plays wonderfully.

I almost want to keep it for "investment" sake and 'cos I love the variety of tones, but I don't want to mod a classic, can't afford more than 1 amp, and I'm just diggin' the EL84 single-ended stuff ATM.

Comes with original Rhythm/LEAD channel switching footswitch.

ebay ID "commacast" %100. I'm in Boston and will ship to CON US.

Make an offer ;)

Boogie_front.jpg

Boogie_back.jpg

SOLD

Back