Share your Quad settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmt

Reaction score
The EQ's I grabbed of the tubefreak site and also channel 2. I slightly modified the settings. Channel 1 is my favorite...

Channel 1:
=======

Volume: 5.5
Treble: 10
Bass: 2
Middle: 5.5
Master: 6
Lead Drive: 3
Lead Master: 4.5

Reverb: 2-4

Channel 2:
=======

Volume: 5.5
Treble: 7.5
Bass: 4
Middle: 10
Master: 8.5
Lead Drive: 6.3
Lead Master: 5.2

GEQ 1 and 2
----------------------------
------x---------x----------
--x------------------x-----
-----------x---------------

Nice thread.... here are my usual settings. However it is a bit tricky to show exactly what the EQ sliders are doing... and please note that my settings are for gigging volumes... I try to get good cross channel balance while still using the tones I want for each channel.

Hopefully we will also see something here soon:

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/mesa-boogie-amp-settings.html

Channel 1:
=======

Volume: 5.5 pull
Treble: 6.5 pull
Bass: 4.5 pull
Middle: 6.5 pull
Master: 2.5
Lead Drive: 8
Lead Master: 4.5 pull

EQ 1
--------------------------
---x----x-------x--------
------------x---------x--

Channel 2:
=======

Volume: 7 push
Treble: 7.5 pull
Bass: 7 pull
Middle: 6 pull
Master: 4
Lead Drive: 7
Lead Master: 5 pull

EQ 2
-----------------x--------
---x--------x---------x--
--------x-----------------

Reverb: 0 – to taste…
Output 1: 2.5
Output 2: 2.5

Thought there would be a bit more interest here... or is everyone super secretive about their tone magic???

I enjoyed trying DMT's settings... makes you play differently which is always a good thing!!!

Still no updates for the Quad / Studio settings here yet either...:

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/mesa-boogie-amp-settings.html

dmt said:
How does it make you play different? I am intrigued.

If I take your channel 1 settings as an example they sound quite different to what I would usually go for on my quad.

The reason I think this is so cool is because it gives me a new perspective towards my interpretation of that channel and therefore my articulation and choice of phrasing adjusts to compensate to this new feel and vibe...

Of course I can mess around myself to find what I like, but checking what other people do is a great way to get outside of the box.

To put it simply, it helps refresh those tired old licks!

Cool. I was going for versatility. I wantedto have a good clean, a dirty crunch that I can clean up a bit, a nice bright lead to cut through, and some sort of rhythm. I am not really happy with channel 2 yet. the lead 2 is not where I want it. I just havent had time to tweak more. i got to run it into a poweramp for that and quite loud. But lead 1 is hot. an the clean aint bad either.

dmt said:
Cool. I was going for versatility. I wantedto have a good clean, a dirty crunch that I can clean up a bit, a nice bright lead to cut through, and some sort of rhythm. I am not really happy with channel 2 yet. the lead 2 is not where I want it. I just havent had time to tweak more. i got to run it into a poweramp for that and quite loud. But lead 1 is hot. an the clean aint bad either.

Yep..! I liked it... especially rolling my guitar volume on lead 1... sweet!

definitely. I've jsut been playing around with the direct outs, i have all my amps in a closet someplace right now... not enough time to hook it all up. its too loud. otherwise id still be playing around. its nice just to hook in and record....

I made channel 2 sweet. Move the '750' slider all the way up, making a real frown face, and use the GEQ on the power amp in a 'V' with the '2200' pushedto the 2nd line. sounds very Santana ish.

GEQ 2
-----------x-----------------
------x---------x----------
--x------------------x-----

GEQ on poweramp
----------------------------
--x------------x----------
-------x-------------x-----
x

This is my current settings for around the house. My 295 channel levels are set at 3 and presence at 6. I trim my volume through my FX out on my G-Major and also I am using a hush ultra on the high gain settings. I'd likely back down some of the high gain settings at louder volume levels. I tweak the five band regularly just depending on my mood. My main guitar is a Carvin DC400 Anniversery Koa with Carvin N & T pups.

Quad 1/Channel 1/Rhythm 1 + EQ1/Lead 1 + EQ1
front.php

Quad 1/Channel 2/ Rhythm 2 + EQ
front.php

Quad 2/Channel 1/Lead 1 + EQ1
front.php

Quad 2/Channel 2/Lead 2 + EQ2
front.php

The settings tool
http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=0&d1=0&d2=0&d3=0&d4=0&d5=0&d6=0&d7=0&p=0&g1=0&g2=0&g3=0&g4=0&g5=0&t=

Nice!..all of em!...My quad is one of the earliest there is and on those,the 2 channels interact w/ each other...

Back