Poll: Loop engaged or bypassed???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loop engaged or Bypassed?

• Engaged

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Bypassed

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

daveyboy

Reaction score
Are you currently running with the loop engaged or bypassed?

I'm digging the bypass at the moment. I do miss the convenience
of turning one knob to adjust all three volumes and the option
of the solo boost.

What got me back to bypassing was listening to a couple of recordings
I did awhile back while set up that way. Sounded pretty cool for a
late nite low volume 4 track session.

-dave

Am I totally wrong or is it sounds more gainy when you active your loop? I prefer it engaged.

while i really dig how my roadster sounds with the loop bypassed, i like using fx which means i need it engaged.... also once i tried an eq in the loop i havent looked back... even with the loop bypassed my amp sounds better with the eq in the loop

I got 2 DRs, been playing them for 8 years and i recently found out that they sound better when the loop is active and i run the channel's master volume at 12 o'clock. I don't know why but running the channel's volume higher gives a little something i can't get otherwise. Running the volume at 12 o'clock is way too loud so i put the loop on and use the master (black knob) to adjust the overall volume of the amp. Try this and you'll see a difference. when the channel's master is under 12 o'clock i lose a little something, it is hard to describe, you have to try...

soheil said:
Am I totally wrong or is it sounds more gainy when you active your loop? I prefer it engaged.

I notice that too. It does add "something".
Keeping it bypassed eliminates a couple knobs
for me to be obsessed with tweeking! :mrgreen:

-dave

jdurso said:
while i really dig how my roadster sounds with the loop bypassed, i like using fx which means i need it engaged.... also once i tried an eq in the loop i havent looked back... even with the loop bypassed my amp sounds better with the eq in the loop

NoFx in the loop for me at the moment. It's nice to have the solo and global output though. Gotta luv all the great sounding possibilities/options for sure!!

-dave

danvortex said:
I got 2 DRs, been playing them for 8 years and i recently found out that they sound better when the loop is active and i run the channel's master volume at 12 o'clock. I don't know why but running the channel's volume higher gives a little something i can't get otherwise. Running the volume at 12 o'clock is way too loud so i put the loop on and use the master (black knob) to adjust the overall volume of the amp. Try this and you'll see a difference. when the channel's master is under 12 o'clock i lose a little something, it is hard to describe, you have to try...

The issue I had with that was then getting a good ch 1 clean volume and ch 2 vintage solo volume to match the ch 3 modern dirty. Like a balancing act right? Good point though, experiment with all the various possibilities and see what works right for your situation.

-dave

For those using the loop are you using it more for the solo/master output
controls or mainly because you are running effects through the loop??

Thanks,

-dave

Back