Mesa Quad rig

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neemo

Reaction score

Here's a quick clip I made, (Unforgiven II):
- no eq'ing, just a little compression on the clean guitar.

http://download.yousendit.com/4E2BC60C08181D50

Here's another one that I made, (Battery):
-no post-processing on this one at all

http://download.yousendit.com/2EB7A13C68FB7D63

One more, this time played with my ltd k-500 /w emg 81/85 (Demise of Sanity):

http://download.yousendit.com/7599569D1B022F5E

For the distortion parts I placed an Audix i5 mic in front of the V30 speaker, although the G12T-75 sounds good in the mix, it's a bit shrill on its own. (Bogner has 2x V30 and 2x G12T-75 placed in an X-pattern)

For the clean parts I used the same as above plus I added another track from the record out of the quad, it just kills for clean sounds. I thought I was gonna have some phase issues but it turned out pretty cool. Bit of panning and that's it.

The guitar used is my ESP SV Standard:
DSCN4404.JPG

BKP Nailbomb in the bridge, Dimarzio Humbucker from hell in the neck + JE1000 booster

that guitar picture is freakin iconic man. though not for nothin, the nailbomb doesnt have enough output that you need a booster?

That was a nice clip man. Your playing is as good as your gear selection. Spot on...

Good stuff...gotta get those B-bends in there though haha. Great tone though, sounds good man. Nice stuff bud, keep the clips comin!

EDIT: That SV looks killer by the way, I really like those guitars....ESP rules IMO

-AJH

Is that Korg DL8000R a good delay unit? What are your opinions on it?

That is classic that it says HAIR METAL. :lol:

Heh, sorry the playing isn't 1:1 with the original. The DL8000r is absolutely the best delay unit I've ever used. It also has beautiful chorus and flanger sounds. I'm thinking about selling the lexicon since the dl8000r does everything so much better.

Schmoog said:
the nailbomb doesnt have enough output that you need a booster?

I had the Alexi Laiho -thing going on for some time, had to get one. Turned out it's a great booster and doesn't add any hiss so I decided to keep it.

The cleans tend to distort effortlessly on the nailbomb but luckily the HFH is has so much lower output that it works perfect for cleans even with the booster.

hey man nice clips!! is that the bogner ubercab? if so, how do you like it? i'm thinking about getting one.

I haven't had the chance to try that many cabs but so far uberkab is the best one I've ever heard. Had a Marshall 1960A before this one, it absolutely destroys the marshall, no contest. The only gripe is about the wheels, actually the fact that they are so small. Luckily they are detachable from the rails so I guess you could easily replace them with bigger ones.

The mix of V30's and G12T-75's works flawlessly, when micing I still prefer the V30 though.

****, you got me GASing for my friends quad that he wants to sell.

Would look cool in my rack above the mk 4 though :)

Neemo said:
I haven't had the chance to try that many cabs but so far uberkab is the best one I've ever heard. Had a Marshall 1960A before this one, it absolutely destroys the marshall, no contest. The only gripe is about the wheels, actually the fact that they are so small. Luckily they are detachable from the rails so I guess you could easily replace them with bigger ones.

The mix of V30's and G12T-75's works flawlessly, when micing I still prefer the V30 though.

yeah i've heard a lot of people complaining about the wheels.

i'm between the ubercab, an orange 4x12 and a mesa traditional 4x12. still not sure what to get though :(

Latest posts

Back