• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Been searching for Mark 2C+ for years...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos5150

Reaction score
Hey fellas new guy here. Been looking for a Mark 2C+ in decent condition for years. If anyone can give me any tips that would be awesome lol. Thanks

According to this graph on Reverb, most sold at an average of $3,250.00 or so.

https://reverb.com/p/mesa-boogie-mesa-boogie-mark-ii-c-plus-1984?ended_listing=4096791&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=340019126&utm_content=campaignid=340019126_adgroupid=25774707806_keyword=_device=c_adposition=_matchtype=b_creative=454209915812&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg__atZmz7AIVBh6tBh2M4wS3EAAYAiAAEgLKP_D_BwE

They are rare but they'll come on to the market at a rate of about 10-15 a year. I've owned 2 so far but sold them. They are great but I prefer my Mark IV and now my Quad pre amp with the 50/50 power amp. A Mark IIl sounds so close that you could grab one of those until a C+ you like comes along. A III is just more modern sounding but it will get you 90% of the way to a C+, IMO anyway. Whatever you do, get one with the GEQ! It's what makes it tick. The only people who like the non-GEQ amps are people who own non-GEQ amps. They're not metal on their own, you need a pedal with those, something in the loop, but it's not the same as the built-in GEQ. It's close, like the Mark III is close, it gets you 90% of the way there.

I'm sure to own another C+ down the line. The best beast of any amp that all others are compared to. If someone could build a better amp, they would.

Important to note that the average is made up of a large portion of sales of non-GEQs as they all get bucketed into the sale transaction history. Based on what I've seen, I suspect the peaks on that graph are sales of the GEQs which is consistent of the asking price I typically see on a GEQ c+. It really depends on the seller and their urgency I suppose. A week ago (and maybe still available) there were about 5 GEQ DRG / HRGs on reverb all being sold by the same seller ranging from 5K to 11K with the price variances driven by factory vs non factory and power section type. Some may read that and think the seller is dreaming but if he or she is the only seller on most global platforms, then they may very well get that price. The current sale prices would have seemed absurd only a few years ago and I'm fairly confident that what we think is absurd today are going to be the prices of tomorrow.

Locally, there was a buyer here that was willing to put in 7.5K AUD not factoring in some of the desirable attributes that mine has and that wasn't enough for me to let mine go... not even a hard choice for me. That said in Australia they may come available once every decade or two.

If you're in the US you'll probably have the best chance of a good price on Craigslist.

I’m brand new to Mesa’s. Just bought a Mark V 35 on black Friday at our local music store. So I COULD be wrong on this but I’m pretty sure they had a used one there for sale. I snapped a picture on my phone but don’t know how to post it. But it caught my eye because I was surprised an older amp was almost the same price as I was paying for a new one.
Pretty sure it was a Mark 2 C+ and they had it priced at $1995. It’s not on their website but they have a lot of stuff that’s not on their website. It was at Moore Music in Indiana.

Is this the same Carlos that posted on my YT channel (fast13B) looking for a C+? I have a IIC++ HR that I'd sell, PM me if interested. Vid below.

Thaymz- the guy on eBay you're referring to is our member here xdg999.

https://youtu.be/wwj7ta4YzbE

Haha you found me. Im actually looking for a 2C+ DRG. Thanks man I love your channel. Im actually about to pull the trigger in a Mark 3 Red Stripe. What are your thoughts on it?

Of course you are, good luck with that!

No Mark III, with the exception of a black stripe with the PT105 which gets pretty close but not quite, can do what any IIC+ does. I have plenty of vids comparing all of these.

Latest posts

Back