Boogie Mark 2B Coliseum = animal!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Great score !

Oh, yeah.. there's plenty of gain in mine. Get's pretty heavy AND it's louder than bombs.
That combo with the EV has to weigh a TON .

Sample clip(...not me or my amp) showing off the range of gain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Ed-oP_IzY

The hardwood / wicker is so **** sexy. Sounds great in the vid \m/

hi im new here first post and i am not that refined in this type of thing thats a beautiful amp ...but what i have is a boogie that was made on 9/11/80 it appears to be a mkiib combo with reverb 60 watt and i got it for free i saw it in the pile at the local scrap yard and they let me have it....the speaker will need to be reconed that aint a big deal but i cant keep the reverb working does any one have a schematic and a shop manual for this as i would like to do all the work my self.....i dont play but my son does and it would be a gift to him....

also i need a few knobs if any one know where to get them that would be cool info to have i would like it to look originaland sadly mesa does not appear to have these parts thank you all in advanced

Hello and I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place. I am new to this. Anyways. Just recently I inherited a Mesa Boogie Amp. I believe its a vintage Mark 3. I have posted great pics of the amp. I need help identifying it. My instrument is drums so I am a little lost with amps. Any help is greatly appreciated. Julio Blanco

www.julioblancoart.com/mark3

Nice score Markedman! Was the amp shipped in that combo shell, or was it "re-housed" at a later date?

A Coli IIB is one of my main amps: I have two, one of which is fully serviced, and the other of which is a work-in-progress. The main one has everything I need for a "thicker-than-blackface-Fender" voicing, and gets more playing time even than my old favourite MkIIAs and Two Rocks.

It's worth noting that the Coli IIB isn't really a bigger "brother" to the regular IIB - it's more like the bigger, better-looking cousin. With a 12AX7 substituted for the usual 12AT7 in the first socket of its own very particular PI circuit, along with the loop mod, it's capable of frightening MKIIC+s.

It's big, relatively easy to dial in, and goes from MkIIA clean to MkIIC+ scream. I've got a fairly comprehensive collection of Boogies to compare it with, and in my view, it's the best of them.

I did ship the amp in the cabinet, double boxed with plywood to protect it from any kind of damage. I wish I could've kept it but I pocketed $1,500.00 on the deal that took a total of maybe 4 hours to pick it up and ship it. I also made a few bucks on a quad of 1968 celestion greenbacks. Some money making deals are out there if you know your stuff.

Jumping in here for posterity since I know Markedman flipped his, but I'm still assaulting ears with mine. :)

Wyzard, I agree with your assessment. My loop modded IIB Coli is a weapon, and I prefer it to the various C+s I had. Only thing better is a C+ Coli (when I slave in). The power section is amazing. Only difference when I slave in the C+ is that the C+ is a little smoother.

I've got a couple in the room vids of mine with OK audio on my YT,
https://youtu.be/tvNVb-llDxk

...but here's one with the Coli in the mix where you can really hear it growl. This is straight in, no post. Doesn't need it.
https://youtu.be/qeuJroofynU

Back