Dropped my MarkV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb's 52

Reaction score
MarkV head was on the top it's 2x12 cab and on a hand truck. When I tried to pull the hand truck from under the two, the head slipped between the hand truck and the cab, landing on it's back and hitting the ground. It was late so I picked it up, hauled it back home, and stored it away until the next afternoon.

The head is in a double padded Studio Slips gig bag so no scuffs or dents were made. There were a couple of tubes that were not seated all the way with the chassis so I pushed those snug. Out of curiosity, I removed the amp from the head so I could look inside. Everything looked fine, but I noticed the fan was super dirty and compressed air wouldn't blow all of it off. So, I removed the fan and cleaned the **** out of it. I ran the air can all over the rest of the amp and wiped away any dirt/dust that wouldn't blow off.

Afterwards, I put it back together and fired 'er up for two hours. I'm glad these are as heavy as they are and I'm glad to say that my MarkV sounds as glorious as ever!!

:jb

Yeah. Dude, the title caused me despair until I read your whole story. I splurged for the Tasmanian Blackwood for mine and that was even harder to think about if it had broken apart.
Anyway, glad your amp is ok!

The old post-factory hammer test, eh?
Had me wincing at first reading this.. turned out ok in the end..!

Well my Mark V was abused earthquakes. It fell about 5 feet along with the cabinets it was sitting on. Not a scratch, fired up and has been working fine since July when the earthquakes hit.

I just received a Mesa Express combo that was shipped loose in a box full of busted up styrofoam. The amp was covered in white stuff, but was fine. The recessed knobs and heavy grill cloth that Mesa uses survived the test.

OldTelecasterMan said:
Well my Mark V was abused earthquakes. It fell about 5 feet along with the cabinets it was sitting on. Not a scratch, fired up and has been working fine since July when the earthquakes hit.

Ridgecrest earthquakes? :shock:

I guess this makes sense. Mesa is located in quake country so maybe some seismic tolerance is built into the amps...hehe.

Yep.... The big RC earthquakes. Mark 5, cabinets and the EQ section went down. My studio monitors stayed up on their stands. I took them down before the big one on the 5th of July. Even my Marshall head on top of the 2x12 cab went down. But no problems. But it spit all my CDs on the floor. I put them back and the quake the next day promptly spit them back on the floor. Like 1000s of CDs.that really sucked.

Latest posts

Back