Slave out for recording signal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD1965

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Recognizing this topic has likely been covered before, please excuse the question from one new the Mark V world...

Has anyone had success using the slave output for signal to a recorder? I do have a good mic setup to capture the cabinet sound, so I'm only looking for supplemental signal here.

Any help appreciated,
J

I tried the slave and didn’t like it. First, you need a cabinet sim and second, it seemed noisy to me. Might work better for you though.
I ended up getting a Cab Clone.

yeah, the slave out is not really usable going straight to a mixer board or recorder or anything that needs a finished "line out" type of signal. It is a signal meant to go into another power amp.

I recorded the Slave out, and also a DI from the 8 ohm Speaker out, and both signals were nearly identical.

I am using a Radial Shotgun to feed amp, and then a DI guitar signal (for later reamping, if desired), and recording the Slave out, and using IRs. If I can mic one of my cabs later, I have the DI from the Shotgun to feed my amps/cabs later. So far, so good :)
Heather :)

I record direct with my V and use speaker impulses. I tried the slave out in the past but found it too noisy when compared to the line out on my river rockcrusher. I also used a thd hotplate with good results.

Back