Using a pedal switcher and MIDI

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GADonis

Reaction score
I'm looking into putting together a "no expense spared" pedal board, well, mostly no expense spared. I'm thinking of getting a Pedal Pad board and using a Boss ES-8. The Pedal Pad has an option to build in a MIDI connector. I'm trying to determine how many MIDI connectors I would need built into the Pedal Pad. I've never used MIDI before so I just want to double check my thinking. To use the ES-8 to control channel switching and solo boost in this arrangement I'll just need to run a MIDI cable from the switcher to the "inside" MIDI connector of the board and then run a MIDI cable from the "outside" MIDI connector of the board to the MIDI IN on the amp, correct? No need to connect anything to the MIDI out/thru of the amp?

This is the board I'm looking at

https://pedalpad.com/shop/products-buy-now-or-learn-more#!/DEEP-III-Pedal-Boards-Extra-space-below-the-pedal-deck-15-front-to-back-depth/p/91106063/category=0

He has options to build in various input/output jacks into the sides of the boards case. I'm thinking qty. 4 1/4" jacks for guitar input, output to amp, and FX loop out and in. Also thinking that one midi jack would let me use the ES-8 to also control the amp along with the delay and modulation pedals.

I'm really just trying to figure out if I need more than one built in MIDI jack in the board.

You don't need more than one out midi.
I'm using a G System with my TC 50 and the out midi on the G System is all I need.
The TC 50 has an out/thru on it if you need midi control back by the amp as well.

Thanks. That is what I had figured. I went ahead and bought the switcher and one midi cable last week just to start learning how to set it all up. The manual for the ES-8 leaves something to be desired, but it wasn't too hard to get it up and running.

Today I bought the rest of the stuff. Adding it all up maybe I should have just bought a Helix. I've wanted a nice "one button" pedal board for some time and selecting the bits and pieces and putting it together is half the fun. Okay, maybe 30% of the fun. Of course I may be singing a different tune when I get elbow deep into soldering the patch cables.

Back