Crackle in lower watt settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primeholy

Reaction score
Hello. I don't get on here much, mostly when I have an issue of some sort. I am getting noise and crackle in lower wattage settings on channel 2 and 3. I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what to do. I replaced v7 preamp and it still does it. About a month ago I replaced one of the reverb tubes cause I was getting crazy swell feedback while using reverb, and it fixed that. I have new power tubes that I can throw in, but I wanna see if anyone thinks that could have anything to do with it. Sometimes it will stop doing it and come back. It doesnt do it when the channels are on 90 watt setting, and it is the worse at 10 watts.

Thanks apeman. Just ordered a rectifier tube from sweetwater per your suggestion. I think I can rule out speaker jack/cable since it’s in lower wattage settings only, but if the rectifier tube doesn’t help, I’ll try that. Shoot, I guess I could plug it into the other 8 ohm jack on the amp to see if that changes things.

I had a crackle a couple weeks ago and it ended up being the rectifier tube. Swapped it out with new and all is good. Hopefully that'll fix it for you also!

Good deal. I have found "crackling" noises (when nothing is playing but the amp is on) to always be caused by either a worn power tube or rectifier tube. Same for my stereo system amp.

Back