Mark V:25 with the Freyette Power Station 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffles82

Reaction score
I just recently bought the 5:25 and a mini rec 1x12 cab and I'm very happy with the sounds I'm getting, though I was looking into how to get a deeper low end. I stumbled across this attenuator and was wondering if this would be a decent attachment for bedroom use. Of course it would come in handy if I started to jam with other people. Since the power station is 50w, my amp is up to 25, and my cab is 60, would there be any issues with overloading? I know I'd be fine with the impedance since I would just switch the power station to 8 ohm but I'm not sure about the wattage. Thanks!

Wayno said:
If the power station is 50w and your cab is rated to 60w then theres no chance of overloading it.

Thank you, I'm not familiar with power stations so I wasn't sure if the wattage of my amp would be added on top of the power stations.

No worries. The power station will more or less be acting as a buffer between your amp and cab. Therefore, the power station will basically soak up your amps wattage and re-amplify with its own power. However, you're not going to hear a significant increase in volume than from the amp direct to the cab. Does the power station have tone controls? I'm not overly familiar with it.

The power station has a couple hi and lo eq switches. It also has a couple knobs that control the presence and depth. I play at lower levels so this should allow me to crank my amp then control the volume with the power station. I'm also looking to get some more low ends so those tone controls should help out!

Latest posts

Back