Questions/information on the Boogie MRK II Series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM1

Reaction score
Hello,

Brand new to this board and look forward to increasing my knowledge specifically on the MRK II series. I have searched the web including this forum but have not had much luck finding a good detailed summary of the MRK II series specifically the differences between the MRK II b c c+ etc... I have found bits and pieces on the model's history but nothing providing a consolidated summary of the results over the progression of changes. It's probably somewhere I just can't find.If someone has a source or link please let me know. I have two MRK II B combos. I love these amps especially the clean channel, I don't use the lead channel. One of my amps has the RPC9 board. Can someone explain why this is significant? It was part of the description when I bought the amp but didn't find any specific information on this board. Apparently this was installed on the last run of MRK IIs.

Other questions:
How many different factory woods used for the wicker cabs? What Kinds?
Speakers: What models were offered by the factory?

I don't know that there is a full breakdown with every detail that was available back then, and speaking with people from Mesa that were around back then no one seems to remember every little detail either.

I can say for sure I have seen Mark II amps with Imbuia, Padauk, Koa, and Oak hardwood cabs from the factory. As the years progressed certain woods became more and less common. Earlier on Oak and Koa would be more common, around the IIB era padauk was more common, and toward the end of the Mark II run with the IIC/+ through the III and IV you start seeing almost exclusively Imbuia with maple available as a special edition Mark III and becoming more popular on Mark IVs as time went on.

Speaker wise for the Mark II range the most common speakers were the Electro-Voice EVM-12L and MS-12. Before the Mark II you'd see a lot of Altec speakers then later you start seeing the MC-90.

Here's a page showing some of the options available-
44750097421_b5f944efdf_b.jpg

It came from this forum-
https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/1...documentation-new-links-added-9-17-18.410280/

Funny to see a prices have almost exactly followed inflation. About $1,350 for a "fully loaded" hardwood combo in 1980, now it is about $4,000. The Mark V has a lot more features though.

Edit: Ignoring the hardwood option prices have come down a ton, but the hardwood upgrade itself has gone up a ton.

Latest posts

Back