2x12 Recto cabinet with V30s rated 140W?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grayalf

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the board and have been reading for a few weeks. This is such a great resource for everything Mesa. I really enjoy reading everyone's stories.

I have a question to ask about a recent used purchase. I picked up a 2x12 recto cabinet loaded with V30s. The add stated this was a roadster 2x12 however the specs and appearance are an exact match for the 2x12 Recto cabinet with V30s as compared to Mesas website. It is 30 inches wide, not 25 inches like the roadster. However, the label states its 140W and not the 120W rating I usually see on the recto cabinet. Can anyone confirm this discrepancy please.

Thank you very much for the answer. This one also is a closed back with no porting.

Mesa used to rate their V30s at 70w because that’s what Marshall did.

A number of years back they changed it to 60w because that’s what Celestion lists them as.

No change in the speaker, just marketing. Older 4x12s were 280w. It took longer to change because they had a lot of 280w stickers to go through.

Latest posts

Back