Roadster Reverb Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwman3

Reaction score
So the reverb is dead on my Roadster Combo but here's the kicker, when i turn up the reverb knobs on the back i get an increase in volume and gain almost like if you turned up the gain on a OD pedal but no reverb. Im thinking the reverb tank is dead and signal is getting passed through the reverb knob and that's why I'm hearing more of the weird volume and OD like gain increase. Ive tried 3 or 4 different tubes in the reverb slot so I'm positive its not a tube issue, the other thing is maybe i didnt put the little RCA connectors from the reverb tank in the right slot I'm looking at amp from the back which one goes first white or black? What do y'all think could be the problem or have any of you had a problem like this?

dwman3 said:
.......... the other thing is maybe i didnt put the little RCA connectors from the reverb tank in the right slot.........

Did your reverb work just fine before you disconnected it?

You should at least try swapping the connections, nothing to lose.

Yup cables were backwards reverb works now. Now a new problem came up, a loud *** pop when switching to channel 3. I hope i didnt knock something out of place when taking the chassis out switch the reverb cables. Any one have popping problem when switching channels?

dwman3 said:
Yup cables were backwards reverb works now. Now a new problem came up, a loud *** pop when switching to channel 3. I hope i didnt knock something out of place when taking the chassis out switch the reverb cables. Any one have popping problem when switching channels?
I’m guessing this is a new to you amp? Your first Recto?

Popping during channel switching at low volumes is a common complaint. With my Roadster, if I cycle thru all the channels a couple of times, ending on ch 3 just before I come out of standby, I never get pops at band volume, once an a while I’ll get a pop on the very first switch to ch 3, but that’s rare.

Yup new to me but not my first Boogie,I only ask cause it was the first time I heard an insanely loud pop when switching to channel 3.

I have tried the channel switching while in standby. Perhaps I am not doing it enough times. I generally cycle the channels as well as the mute after I take it out of standby following a cold start. After that I do not get pops. Good to hear you resolved your reverb issue. The white wire does not have a ground connection but the black wire does. Depending on the amp, you may get an undesired squeal if the wires are reversed. Enjoy the amp.

Back