Will Mesa build...?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo Child77

Reaction score
I have been searching the used market for a Lone Star, Electra-Dyne, or Royal Atlantic 1x12 27" cabinet without success. Mesa's Support Center mentions that they can/will build out of production cabinets.

Has anyone here had an out of production item built?

Just looking for any info on this. Thanks.

Years ago I asked a rep if they’d build me an old school straight/slant Recto 4x12 and he gave me the part number and told me to contact customer service.

I never followed through with it, but it gave me hope.

Good to hear. I am hoping that since the current 2x12 Lone Star cabinets are the same dimensions as the out of production 1x12, it will just be a matter of a different baffle.

Just got off the phone with Mesa. I was told "unfortunately we don't build anything that is out of production, we only service them." Oh well...the hunt continues.

No affiliation but I think this is a widebody 27” cab.
https://reverb.com/item/21145644-mesa-1x12-cabinet

Guitar speaker cabinets are not exactly advanced level woodworking projects. Have you considered having your friend the woodworker build you one?

Shipping costs make it impractical for me to build big cabinets like 4x12s for other people and ship them, but for local musicans I've built a small number of custom guitar cabinets. It's not a big deal to build a very good one. I just got done building a new cabinet to replace a trashed Fender Twin cabinet, and it's better than the original because (A) it's finger jointed and (B) I don't use particle board for ANYTHING.

You don’t by chance happen to be near Seattle?
https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/msg/d/auburn-mesa-guitar-cabinets-two-1x12/6859993505.html
Or maybe you know someone there

I'm in Florida.

There's got to be someone you know who's a woodworker.

Or...is there a college or vo-tech institution in your area that has a woodworking program or wood shop of some description?

You could sign up for it and learn to make your own cabinets and maybe even get busy and make a bunch using the shop facilities and quietly sell them on the side later.

Latest posts

Back