TC-50 Question? What did this amp replace if any?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
APEMAN said:
Dreamtheaterrules said:
bandit2013 said:
Could have would have sold the Mark V but I found piece of mind with it after swapping a single tube in the CH gain circuit that overjoyed me to no end.
Want to share that with us? I'm getting ready to buy some tubes for my Mark V
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73352

Typo... CH was missing something, CH3 would have been more understood.

JAN/Phillips 12AT7 swap in V4.

I don't know if i can say replaced, but after getting my TC-100 I saw no need to hang onto the MKV. It was always the amp that I 'dusted off' from time to time just to keep it active. Even with the AT7 in the preamp, I just never bonded with that amp.

The TC however is getting much more play time. I've only had the chance to play it twice with the band, so I'm not sure if it will be able to dethrone my Roadster as my all time favorite Mesa amp, time will tell.

Dom

The TC-50 merged things I liked about the Recto, Mark and Electra Dyne into one amp.

I sold off my last Recto today and bought a second TC-50. I no longer own a Mark. The ED I’m keeping because it’s a fucking beast, but I mostly use the TC because it’s more manageable.

screamingdaisy said:
The TC-50 merged things I liked about the Recto, Mark and Electra Dyne into one amp.
That’s how I felt, the TC seems to have a mix of what I like about the Rectos and MKV, and why I was quick to let go of the MKV. It just would never get played now.

With a bit of low-mid boost through the FX loop I get some awesome Recto-like rhythm (& lead) tones in CH 2, especially riding the volume knob.

I’m still dialing in Ch 3 as my lead channel, I think it has a great lead ‘feel’ to it, but I can’t seem to get it to ‘sound’ big like Ch 2 does.

The TC-100 has become my A-rig amp, giving me more ‘Rock’ than ‘Heavy’ in my tone. It’s a refreshing change.

I’ll never sell my Roadster though. The Tweed mode on Ch2 is fantastic, and nothing beats ch 4 Modern mode for full on Metal.

I went over to the "dark side" for a few years with modeling.
I was using the Helix...and getting **** good sounds out of it.

And then I woke up one morning and decided it was time to once again use tubes and a heavy 4 x 12 cab.
Bought the TC 50, pulled my old Bogner 4 x12 cab out of the cobwebs, and I'm LOVING it!

Back