Greenbacks?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my prior post to this thread is about the fourth down. I went on a rant about mixing speakers with Greenbacks, etc. That was when I was using Marshall g12C's which I have since realized are a great but idealized Greenback that's more reminiscent of a mid-60's vibe that I just didn't feel like worked with the Tc-50 very well. The G12C's were super woody, and combined with all the mids that the TC throws at the speakers, it was like an over-kill mid frequency mess at high volumes.

Since then, I bought a quad of G12EVH's, which are the same re-branded speaker as a G12m Heritage at 25.00 less per speaker with the funky EVH magnet covers. I will simply state that when the master is set to 12:00 they rock with the TC.

I've read some good things about those EVH speakers as well.

I have another WGS Invader 50 on the way. I don't think I will keep both in my vertical recto cab, but I do want to try it just once...hell, twice or more if I like it. So far, though, the combo of the V30 and the Invader is definitely where it's at for me.

I went ahead and put the second WGS Invader 50 in my 2x12 vertical recto cab. Wow! More "wooliness" and lower mid growl on both gain channels. Clean channel still sounds just as sweet as it did before - more of a negligible change. I never thought I would want nor like this arrangement, but, so far, it's been a great change!

After trying my V with both Invaders in place, I think I am going back to the V30 and Invader combination. There was too much "wooliness" for that amp. Previously, when I had the Invader and V30 together, the TC50 sounded great, but I thought it might get better with 2 Invaders. Well, sorta yes and sorta no. If I can't be happy with a variety of amps through that cab, then I need to re-think it all. It was a fairly easy experiment, but now that it's done, I believe my original combination was the better result for multiple amps.

I have a Bogner 4X12 cab loaded with Celestion 25 watt Greenbacks. It sounds awesome.
It's a slanted cab and in the top two speakers I installed this: https://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Sound-Products-TAS12-Tilt-A-Speaker/dp/B077SH1NVV

So I can hear my cab perfectly. Those "tilt-a-speakers" are just plain awesome. Your cab sits normally and looks great aesthetically onstage...but the speakers are "tilted" up inside the cab. Genius! :)

Latest posts

Back