Rarest of rare IIC+ any Coliseum Simul Class exports made?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason47

Reaction score
Serious question I know one of the most desirable IIC+ was a XDRG like the Hetfield Crunch Berries but I remember seeing a blue stripe Mk III with simul class and collesium options on Ebay and it being one of two makes me wonder what is the rarest IIC+ or C++ out there?

Did they ever make a C+ or C++ with export transformer with colesium and simul class in a long chassis?

What had been documented and has shown up for sale over the years and what has Mesa confirmed they have made?

In other words what would be the holy grail IIC+ ever made when it comes to terms of rarity?

A IIC+ Coliseum in original 15" combo cab just sold on Reverb a few weeks ago. That must be a pretty uncommon configuration.

Jason47 said:
Did they ever make a C+ or C++ with export transformer with colesium

I'd be interested to know the model number on an export colesium C or C+ if such a thing exists! On the voltage selector for a IIC+ export it lists '3A Export 300' so such a thing might exist but I've never seen one

They’re out there. I found a factory DRG combo with a road case and footswitches last month for $2230 including shipping. I paid $1500 for the Mark llc Coliseum. It came with 6 STR-415’s. It’s on the way back from Mesa. I had Mike B. do the c+ upgrade and replace the caps. He also had to remove the power transformer to try and straighten out the chassis. The amp had been dropped at some point before I bought it. I can’t wait to hear how it sounds.

They're out there for sure, just getting harder and harder to find one. Got my last DG IIC+ for $1,600 but didn't hold onto it like I should have. Looking for another big chassis to fit into a spare hardwood 15" combo but it's been a long wait so far.

I asked Mike B. if there was an export c+ Coliseum. He said all the Ks have a dual primary transformer, wired in parallel they are 117 volt and in series they are 235 volts and that they have to be wired internally for the selected voltage.

I asked Mike B. if there was an export c+ Coliseum. He said all the Ks have a dual primary transformer, wired in parallel they are 117 volt and in series they are 235 volts and that they have to be wired internally for the selected voltage.

Awesome gem of knowledge thanks for sharing!

jrb32 said:
Awesome gem of knowledge thanks for sharing!
Another curious thing about the Coliseum models that maybe someone could expand on. I was speaking with Mike B recently about upgrading my IIB Coli and he mentioned you can add Simul-class to these amps without a new transformer, whereas with a 100w conversion you'd need to replace the OT with a Simul-class specific model. I don't know enough on the tech side to understand all this, but it's interesting to know if you have a Coliseum you can basically write your own ticket as far as upgrades go, export power, Simul-class, etc.

Normally I prefer Simul, but this IIB Coli I got is so **** good after Mike worked on it I'm done. I had an experience once where I liked an amp better before the mod...

Back