Wish/Fantasy

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I would dearly love it if Mesa brought back the Electra Dyne. But, in a smaller, lighter weight format. A 50 watt head or combo weighing about the same as my TC50 would be ideal. Adding a master volume taper that matches the TC50 would be another great improvement. As much as I love my TC50, my Dyne is still my favorite sounding amp. It's just too heavy and loud to haul around anymore.

I know, wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first.

I agree.

Would be great to have such simple stuff also in Mesa lineup. :) but as the ed is now it is as advertised in manual “velvet hammer” - haven’t yet found amp with similar authority.

Maybe just smaller power & more adjustable master volume in higher gain settings. Still I would not buy new one as I have the older one already ;)

An Electra Dyne that runs off 2 6V6's or 2 EL84's would be so great! My main problem with my 1x12 combo is the weight. The amp is just too **** heavy. I love the tones, and I continue to lug the beast around to rehearsals and gigs both. If there were another option though, I'd take it!

Yeah the combo is **** heavy. I bought a head also that easier to carry. If a reissue I’d also kwant a better reverb. That’s what i dont like at the dyne at all. I want a fender super reverb sounding like reverb. By the way is it possible to achieve a fender like reverb just swapping the tank out or would it need further mods?

wekiitoedzo said:
Yeah the combo is **** heavy. I bought a head also that easier to carry. If a reissue I’d also kwant a better reverb. That’s what i dont like at the dyne at all. I want a fender super reverb sounding like reverb. By the way is it possible to achieve a fender like reverb just swapping the tank out or would it need further mods?

If I recall correctly the reverb starts to work great when master gets near 9 o’clock... but that is LOUD :)

Latest posts

Back