MARK FIVE 25 TONE SETTINGS THREAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pole said:
Thanks for the settings tip! Hopefully I'll have more time to play around with it tomorrow.

I think you've convinced me to to pick up the Boogie SPAX7 and another AT7 while I'm at it...

A decision you'll definitely not regret..!! Let us know how you got on...! 8)

Hey guys! I’m brand new to the forum and just got my V:25 a couple of months ago paired with a 2x12 Rectifier Cab. I play with a Custom 24 with 57/09’s and I’ve enjoyed a lot of the tones that I can get out of this amp, but lately I’ve been gassing for the Diezel VH4 OD tone that Matt Bellamy of Muse gets. I was wondering if anyone had any settings or ideas for this? Thanks!

MitchellH77 said:
Hey guys! I’m brand new to the forum and just got my V:25 a couple of months ago paired with a 2x12 Rectifier Cab. I play with a Custom 24 with 57/09’s and I’ve enjoyed a lot of the tones that I can get out of this amp, but lately I’ve been gassing for the Diezel VH4 OD tone that Matt Bellamy of Muse gets. I was wondering if anyone had any settings or ideas for this? Thanks!

I've got the VH4-2 pedal and run it into my clean. It's rather convincing for the ch3 tone I want.

I’m a low gain type of player. This setting with a strat is giving a nice blues tone.

Xtreme mode

Gain 10:00
Treb 1:00
Mid. 11:00
Bass. 9:00
Pres. 10:00

An update. I used those settings the other night playing with a guy with a Super Reverb that was fairly cranked with a TS9 in front. The Mk V25 did everything in my opinion better. That low gain setting on the Extreme mode sounds great.

Playing a Les Paul into those same setting gets a good old school ZZ Top thing going on too.

As you all may already know; Mark V 25 it’s NOT a plug and play amp !!

After 2 years using this little amp, I am just starting to get nice tones (specifically talking about dirty channel options). If you want to get good tones out of it, you will have to invest lots of time tweaking this little boy (as I call it).

If you own this amp, please do yourself a favor and experiment with all channel options and try as many settings as possible, this amp has many possibilities. Do not give up, this amp might take you places you haven’t even imagined.

One good and very valuable TIP; Set the treble knob at 1 o’clock on CH2, this will do wonders for your over driven (dirty) tone !!

Jfriley said:
Check out this video for a kick *** setting on the channel 1 crunch mode.

https://youtu.be/WMXPNSvR_EE

I tried it out the other night and it blew me away. It sounds even better live than in this video. I’ve been playing on the extreme mode up till now, but this made me question that. Give it a shot.

IMO the crunch mode it’s the best channel option on this whole amp pallet of flavors, take my advice and squeeze this mode as much as you possible can. This channel its enjoyable

RoadDog said:
Not sure if anyone has seen this but I think it is pretty cool ... I didn't imagine using the Extreme channel this way:

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/mesa-mark-v-25-owners-attention-dumble-tone-hidden-in-there.678163/

Yeahp, I've tried this set up and it worked wonders for me at least the EQ settings did.

I recommend you try it out

Hi folks!
I've done a "Drive Mod" to my MarkV:25 and also tried a SPAX tube. Very nice improvement IMHO.
You can check it here:
https://youtu.be/KzNcUKMq7IM
Hope it can be helpful for someone! ;)

Glad you like it Voron.
Never ceases to amaze me the ripple still going out there.
Now the 12t7 craze has conquered France! ;)

Markageddon said:
Glad you like it Voron.
Never ceases to amaze me the ripple still going out there.
Now the 12t7 craze has conquered France! ;)
Yes man! Honestly this SPAX/AT7 combo is the best thing that I've done to my Mark V:25! And this forum IS the reason! Glad to be here! :)

Now I want to try SPAX in my TC-50!

Hey all,

(Here's a repost in this thread, as opposed to the Mark V thread!)

I'm brand new to this -- just got a Mark V.25 head and cabinet. Absolutely loving what I'm hearing so far. That said, I'm a rookie, and there are just so many options for tweaking the tone, I'm getting lost in it all!

I've got a PRS Mccarty 594, and I'm looking to get a Slash Appetite for Destruction tone. What would be my best bet for settings? Can anyone post those?

Also, I believe Slash's solos are usually played with the bridge pickup -- sound right?

Thanks much!

Otis

sonoragazzo said:
As you all may already know; Mark V 25 it’s NOT a plug and play amp !!

After 2 years using this little amp, I am just starting to get nice tones (specifically talking about dirty channel options). If you want to get good tones out of it, you will have to invest lots of time tweaking this little boy (as I call it).

If you own this amp, please do yourself a favor and experiment with all channel options and try as many settings as possible, this amp has many possibilities. Do not give up, this amp might take you places you haven’t even imagined.

One good and very valuable TIP; Set the treble knob at 1 o’clock on CH2, this will do wonders for your over driven (dirty) tone !!

Can anyone recommend an amp with a gain channel that sounds good without years of eq tweaking? I've had my Mark 5 for 6+ months and still can't get a usable lead tone out of ch 2 (made a thread about this earlier). Twiddling eq knobs is my least favorite part of guitar playing and I am tired of fighting this amp for a usable lead tone. I am sounding better through my 150$ studio monitors and an amp sim than I am through this $1000+ tube amp thorough mesa cabs

Do you guys think my tubes might just be bad? Or do I need to start looking for a new amp.

Back