TC-100 leaked

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bandit2013 said:
(Can't claim the Mark V footswitch works all the time as it has issues so I do not use it).

I had problems with the footswitch on my Mark V also. It would cut out often, no lights on and the switches didn't work. I ended up opening the footswitch and resoldering the wires to the connector. It worked flawlessly after that. I know this is an old Post, but I thought maybe it could help.

I'm curious about these new amps. Mesa released the Fillmore, the TC-100, the Acoustic Series thing that have all come out in the past year. Are these the three amps that were rumored at the beginning of this thread? Is there something else? I know I'm asking in vain, since no one here who knows can probably post it. :)

In my opinion, the Mark V is due for an overhaul just as much as the Roadking/Roadster. Wonder if they will release a new version of those? As for the Mark V, seems like every 10 years they come out with a new version, since it was 2009 when the Mark V rolled out, would it be time for the Mark VI in 2019? If so, I hope they ditch the channel change method and go with the midi controller like the JP-2C and TC series. So far I found that method is flawless. I cannot use my footswitch with the Mark V as it is problematic at best, and does not always work well since day one. I have had more issues with that so I barely use it anymore and run the V without footswitch. I am eager to see what is next in the Mesa line up.

stephen sawall said:
Mark IV was out 18 years before the V was released.

Yes it was. Had one. Also ownership of the IV overlapped the ownership of the Mark V so I had an opportunity to comare the two.

If you look hard enough, I wrote it was time for the Mark VI (VI=6) as it is due in 2019 (assumed they do this every 10 years).

bandit2013 said:
stephen sawall said:
Mark IV was out 18 years before the V was released.

Yes it was. Had one. Also ownership of the IV overlapped the ownership of the Mark V so I had an opportunity to comare the two.

If you look hard enough, I wrote it was time for the Mark VI (VI=6) as it is due in 2019 (assumed they do this every 10 years).

And he was saying they don't do it every 10 years because the IV was 18 years before a V succeeded it.

1972: Mark I
+8 1980: Mark IIA
+2 1982: Mark IIB
+1 1983: Mark IIC+
+2 1985: Mark III Black
+1 1986: Mark III Purple
+1 1987: Mark III Red
+1 1988: Mark III Blue
+1 1989: Mark III Green
+1 1990: Mark IV-A
+3 1993: MArk IV-B
+16 2009: Mark V

Or if you go from just major mark series revisions
Mark I: 1972
Mark II: 1980 (+8)
Mark III: 1985 (+5)
Mark IV: 1990 (+5)
Mark V: 2009 (+19)

So I'm not really sure we can assume anything other than "they release one when they make a new one, whether it takes 1 year or 20. The Mark series was vastly less popular compared to the Rectifier series in the 90s and 2000s so updating it wasn't a priority. As for what they think now, I'm sure only the Mesa leadership could say for sure.

Latest posts

Back