The Official DC Club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to join the club too. My first Mesa was a dc-5 head that I still play today. I also recently tracked down a dc-10 head. Both are fantastic sounding amps. To me they seem to have a little more "grit" to them compared to the Mark series. Don't get me wrong, I love my mark iii and my iic+ but the dc series have a sound all their own.

I'm interested in joining the DC club too. New to the forum here, decided to sign up after recent purchase of DC-10 2x12 combo!

I've had my DC-5B Head since 2015. I've had the chance to compare it with some other Boogies: Mark IIIs, Mark IVs, Rectos, etc. and my amp just SLAYED them all! It's a shame these amps are severely underappreciated.

YaBoiMCaliber said:
I've had my DC-5B Head since 2015. I've had the chance to compare it with some other Boogies: Mark IIIs, Mark IVs, Rectos, etc. and my amp just SLAYED them all! It's a shame these amps are severely underappreciated.
I know exactly what you mean. Had mine since 1997ish. I've had a Mk III, 3 Marshalls, a Laney, an original 5150, a Rivera and god knows what else I'm forgetting. Still, this beat up old thing does everything I need in one box. They should reissue them with two models. Original & a Monsta-Mod model. I'd lol but I'm stone cold serious.

Hi all,

New member, and I just picked up a DC-5B yesterday. I always wanted a Studio 22+, and when the DC5 came up for a good price, I couldn't resist. So far loving the clean channel, but still working on the drive channel, I think lower gain preamp tubes will get me to where I want to be.

The amp is in excellent condition, I got it from a guy in his 80's, and it had never left the house. I has some crackles on the pots and GEQ, so I will be addressing that over the coming days.

Overall, very happy, and I think this will replace my SF Twin Reverb, as I like the cleans so much, and the DC-5 is smaller and lighter!

I'm now thinking of getting a 1x12 to complement it, as a mini-stack, but not sure what cabs would be best tonally, and physically so they will stack nicely, suggestions welcome.

First post! I have had my Mesa Boogie DC-5 1x12" combo since it was new. I took a long break from playing consistently, and have recently gotten back into playing. I just replaced the reverb tank on the amp with a replacement directly from the Mesa web shop, and I am fairly sure it sounds better than it did new. I also picked up a Rivera Rock Crusher and it really has allowed me to play a with much better tone without killing my ears or bothering my wife and kids too much. It's awesome up on a stand; it just sounds so much better than on the floor. I also picked up a Mesa foot-switch for the reverb, an that also just makes the amp more flexible. I've had a lot of amps including rather high end Marshalls and Fenders (for example a Prosonic head and matching 4x12 Tone Master cabinet in lizard red, a 1970's vintage Marshall 1959 Super Lead "Plexi", a JCM Slash among others) - and I honestly don't need any sound that my DC-5 cannot generate. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked that Mesa still sells parts for an amp I bought well more than 20 years ago, and that it still sounds great.

I would also like to join the club! I have rocked a DC-3 as the instrument of my tone for 15 years now and just recently acquired a DC-2 to run with it in parallel! These little workhorses are beasts!

Curious if anyone has swapped the tube pcp board for discreet connections to any success? They run a bit hot, and i think in the near future i will have the bias mod added to them as well.

Regarding the DC-2, has anyone gotten the "contour" setting to sound decent? I just ignore it for now. I run a footswitch modded to send only the channel swap message to the dc-2 but having both the channel swap and eq boost available for the dc-3.

DC3 owner, use it a lot on cleans & the el84's break up nice with a lil hair on clean pushed. The gain is very usable from crunchy to singing leads. It gets quite a bit of recording use. What a lovely --nasty little box of rock !

New member here and new owner of a DC-3b 1-12.
Just modded the loop and the master pot, threw a new quad of el84's in it. I will be having a bias pot installed and a once-over by Bruce Egnater in a couple weeks, it has some irregular noises mostly in ch2. Tested all 12ax7's and they are all within spec.
Very cool amp!

New member here. Recently bought a DC-5. Looking forward to doing the volume and FX loop mods this weekend. This is the first mesa/boogie I have owned and I'm blown away by it! I had spent countless hours on YouTube comparing tones of Rectoverbs, DC-5, Nomads, etc and I'm very happy with the decision i have made.

I have bought the two button footswitch for the EQ/reverb functions and I will treat her to a set of new tubes in a couple of weeks time. Looking forward to reading through the forum for some tips and tricks, sound settings, etc.

Count me in. I recently acquired a DC-10 combo for a new project. I bought a combo for portability. I can barely lift the Beast and I need a kidney belt for stairs. In addition it's a real face melter. If 69 isn't available I'll take next available.

Nate DC-10 said:
Count me in. I recently acquired a DC-10 combo for a new project. I bought a combo for portability. I can barely lift the Beast and I need a kidney belt for stairs. In addition it's a real face melter. If 69 isn't available I'll take next available.

I had to pause after the sentence, "I bought a combo for portability." :lol: Then I read the rest.....
Great amp, not easily portable, but sounds incredible!

Latest posts

Back