Maverick 1X12 Combo - Need Fuse Installation Help, Please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combination

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Recently, I had to clear out a room that had my two Boogies in it, and when I hooked everything back up again, I realized that somehow, the fuse cap and fuse had fallen out of my Maverick 1X12, and had been thrown out!

I bought a fuse cap and the correct fuses, and went to put the fuse in, but something's not right. Maybe I'm using the wrong word, but it feels like there is no "spring" to push the fuse down in the fuse holder and keep it in place? :x

Is there some other part I need to get that could have possibly fallen out?

And...if this requires putting in a whole new fuse holder on the rear panel, is this something a tech needs to do? In advance, I'm not the greatest with fixing amplifiers.

Any suggestions, advice, etc. are much appreciated!

No part should fall out of an open fuse holder. It sounds like you bought the wrong size cap or fuse holder. Does the fuse and cap from the other amp seem to fit properly?

Where did you buy the parts? If they were directly from Mesa I'd contact them.

Let me make sure I'm explaining properly.

The Maverick has always worked great. I must have done something when moving it that caused the fuse cap and fuse to fall out (and I probably threw it out, thinking it was junk). Bizarre, but I guess a ghost did it...

So now I have purchased a new fuse cap and fuse, but something isn't right, because the original fuse holder is not keeping the cap/fuse in place! You can feel that it's like pushing it down into an empty chamber.

Hope that makes sense.

P.S. I did check the fuse on my .50 Caliber, and that one is fine, played it today.

I meant to ask if the fuse and cap from the .50 Caliber fits in the Maverick. Maybe knowing that will help you narrow down the correct part.

No, that's a slightly more powerful fuse in the .50 Caliber (2.5 amp), so that's got to be a different cap as well.

Wish somebody out there could come up with something!

You may have to replace the whole fuse holder with a new one. Like you said, the spring might have come loose and is missing.

Latest posts

Back