Hello?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry

Reaction score
I must say, this is a very quiet corner of the Boogie Board. Maybe we have learned all there is to know about the Lonestar and, due to the models’ sheer reliability no-one has any problems to report? :?: :mrgreen:

14 years and still going. Actually I've blown a grid resistor or 2. Not changing tubes before they fry will do that. Simple fix, once I really messed it up by plugging the ribbon cable wrong. Had a tech or 2 look at it to no avail, sent the chassis to Boogie and they fixed it no problem and for a reasonable fee. A great amp! I wouldn't invite people with problems, that'll lead to sad threads. :cry:

Perry said:
I must say, this is a very quiet corner of the Boogie Board. Maybe we have learned all there is to know about the Lonestar and, due to the models’ sheer reliability no-one has any problems to report? :?: :mrgreen:
The whole board is kind of a ghost town. I can't believe how little chatter there has been about the Fillmore!

But yeah, I'm extremely happy with my LSC.

I picked up a LSC 2x12 combo on an extremely lopsided trade and was intending to clean it up and sell it. Playing through it, I initially found it very frustrating: "Treble = gain" and "bass is more like a boost" was hard to wrap my head around. And a on the drive channel, I had a hard time getting used to a bluesy, squishy response coupled with the ridiculous amounts of gain on tap. On top of that, my rehearsal space is up two flights of stairs, and this thing feels (even though it actually isn't) heavier than a Twin Reverb.

But over time, I learned how to dial in some monstrous tones, converted the combo into a head, hooked it into two amazing cabs, and whoah... it's become my all-time favorite amp. So, yeah... no problems to report!

Pongo said:
Perry said:
The whole board is kind of a ghost town. I can't believe how little chatter there has been about the Fillmore!

But yeah, I'm extremely happy with my LSC.

I picked up a LSC 2x12 combo on an extremely lopsided trade and was intending to clean it up and sell it. Playing through it, I initially found it very frustrating: "Treble = gain" and "bass is more like a boost" was hard to wrap my head around. And a on the drive channel, I had a hard time getting used to a bluesy, squishy response coupled with the ridiculous amounts of gain on tap. On top of that, my rehearsal space is up two flights of stairs, and this thing feels (even though it actually isn't) heavier than a Twin Reverb.

But over time, I learned how to dial in some monstrous tones, converted the combo into a head, hooked it into two amazing cabs, and whoah... it's become my all-time favorite amp. So, yeah... no problems to report!

From all the info I can gather the Lonestar actually IS heavier than a Twin (non JBL).
From what I find online, the BF and SF Twins were 69 lbs, the Reissues are 64 lbs. Mesa lists the weights of the LS 1x12 as 72 lbs and the 2x12 as 79 lbs. What I find even more cumbersome with my LSC 1x12 is the oversize cabinet. Mesa lists the dimensions and the 2x12 is only 4 inches wider than the 1x12.

Suave Eddie said:
From all the info I can gather the Lonestar actually IS heavier than a Twin (non JBL).
From what I find online, the BF and SF Twins were 69 lbs, the Reissues are 64 lbs. Mesa lists the weights of the LS 1x12 as 72 lbs and the 2x12 as 79 lbs. What I find even more cumbersome with my LSC 1x12 is the oversize cabinet. Mesa lists the dimensions and the 2x12 is only 4 inches wider than the 1x12.
Then it wasn't placebo weight lol. I must have misread some specs somewhere, I thought the Lone Star 2x12" was 2lbs lighter than the Twin :)

And yeah, that thing was a beast to haul up stairs as a combo!

Latest posts

Back