Three speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eship63

Reaction score
I have three speakers that I would like to use in my Lonestar classic combo. One is the speaker that's in the combo unit which is 8 ohms. The other two in the extention cab are each 16 ohm wired parallel to make 8 ohms. The speakers all sound better when plugged into the 8 ohm on the amp, especially the extention cab. Would plugging the third (combo) speaker into the 4 ohm jack do damage to the amp or is there a way to combine all three speakers into the 8 ohm jack in the back of the amp? I would like to use all three at 8 ohm on the amp if possible. If not I just don't use the combo speaker. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

eship63 said:
I have three speakers that I would like to use in my Lonestar classic combo. One is the speaker that's in the combo unit which is 8 ohms. The other two in the extention cab are each 16 ohm wired parallel to make 8 ohms. The speakers all sound better when plugged into the 8 ohm on the amp, especially the extention cab. Would plugging the third (combo) speaker into the 4 ohm jack do damage to the amp or is there a way to combine all three speakers into the 8 ohm jack in the back of the amp? I would like to use all three at 8 ohm on the amp if possible. If not I just don't use the combo speaker. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
It is very important to always match speaker loads to the output transformer.

With two 8 ohm loads (8 ohm cabinet, 8 ohm combo speaker), they should both be plugged into the 4 ohm jacks (two 8 ohm loads in parallel equals 4 ohms) to correctly match the output transformer.

This, and other speaker load senarios are explained in your owners manual.

Dom

Back