Roadster keep blowing fuse as soon as powering up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enzomadcap

Reaction score
So I have this 2010 Roadster Head I bought on Reverb last week. Worked great at home (didn’t play super loud) and then today at practice (played at a good volume). Then got back home, turned it on again (the usual procedure, going from off to bold while in standby to let the tubes warm up) and... the head died. The lights lit up very briefly and then nothing. Doesn’t even stay in stand by, just all off, no power.

So my though was, ok it’s used, maybe the fuse blown, sure enough the fuse was... so I get more at the store (4a slo-blo), put a new one in... same thing...

I got the amp with Ruby 6l6 that had about 50 hours of use according to who I bought it from, and the originals Mesa 6l6, switch them all, put a new fuse... same thing again...

I’m bringing it to a tech tomorrow, but anyone has a clue on what’s going on? If it was a tube, wouldn’t it at least stay on while in standby? My outlet seems right, i used the same outlet while practicing at home last week without any problem. I even tried a different power cable while testing out tonight, and it was still blowing the fuse... Help!

Enzomadcap said:
So I have this 2010 Roadster Head I bought on Reverb last week. Worked great at home (didn’t play super loud) and then today at practice (played at a good volume). Then got back home, turned it on again (the usual procedure, going from off to bold while in standby to let the tubes warm up) and... the head died. The lights lit up very briefly and then nothing. Doesn’t even stay in stand by, just all off, no power.

So my though was, ok it’s used, maybe the fuse blown, sure enough the fuse was... so I get more at the store (4a slo-blo), put a new one in... same thing...

I got the amp with Ruby 6l6 that had about 50 hours of use according to who I bought it from, and the originals Mesa 6l6, switch them all, put a new fuse... same thing again...

I’m bringing it to a tech tomorrow, but anyone has a clue on what’s going on? If it was a tube, wouldn’t it at least stay on while in standby? My outlet seems right, i used the same outlet while practicing at home last week without any problem. I even tried a different power cable while testing out tonight, and it was still blowing the fuse... Help!

Sounds like a rectifier tube...

Back