TC25, 3 channel, verb, 25/10 watt - Any chance?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monstercastle

Reaction score
Wondering what the likelihood of a 25/10 watt TC appearing in the future is? Ideally, also with an onboard 5 band. Sadly, I'm thinking slim to none, but I can hope right? I absolutely love crunch on the Mark Five 25 that I already own, and I tend to go more Marshall flavored in my amp voicing. I'm not playing out any more but I'd really to have clean/crunch/more crunch available via foot switch or MIDI, without the need for pedals. I'm giving serious consideration to the TC100 but as much as I love the thump that big iron brings, I cannot justify that much horsepower essentially idling in my recording space, even with my Rockcrusher. I do have a Helix & Powercab, but I still want a nice 3 channel, low watt, do it all British flavor head to sit atop my Widebody 112.

What say you?

Kinda doubt it since you can easily dial the 100 back to 25 or even 10 watts. You can hope, but maybe you should just get a 100 :)

Zesta said:
Get a TC-50 and put 6v6 power tubes in it. Bam! TC-25.

-Randy

Better yet, get a TC-100 and put 6V6s in it that’ll get you 50, 25, 10, 3.5, and 1.5 watt modes lol

I just did this with my TC-100 but haven’t fired it up yet :)

Thanks all. I'm leaning pretty heavily towards the TC100 and if I do that I will certainly get a set of 6V6's to go with it.

To be honest, I was on a TC-50 combo because on one side I play a lot at Home on bedroom lvl and on the other side I need something mobile and loud enough for the Band.
I checked the TC-50 on my local store and loved it right away! So long story short, you can play the 50 really good on bedroom lvl! Awesome master volume!
But than the TC-100 showed up and what could I say.... the Watt selector kills it all. 100 Watt are normally much to loud but with the selector you can dail in every lvl and it sounds really cool!
So go for it :p

Definitely want to read about the 6V6 loaded TC-100. All I need is one more pair of 6V6 and I am there. Love the TC-50 with the 6V6. Both amps basically sound the same however one offers a bit more saturation over the other. TC-100 dishes up some thick tones and seems to be more saturated in the higher gain channels than the TC-50. TC-50 seems to have a bit of overhead designed into it. One may beg to differ but since I have both TC-50 and the TC-100 that is how I perceive it. The Multi-soak feature is not bad. It would be better if the global master could be turned off and use the channel masters to push the tubes harder. I am so used to the Royal Atlantic Multi-soak feature that so far the TC-100 has not topped that amp. RA does not use a global master volume so each channel volume allows you to get the power tubes saturated. I have not experimented with the global master but will have to see if I can get the same results with the TC-100 as I am getting with the Royal. Either way you look at it, TC-50 or the TC-100 are great amps to have. Too bad the TC-100 does not have a 50W power setting like the Royal as that amp rips in 50W mode (plus it has the multi-soak on top of that). RA is similar to the TC but not the same so no reason to ditch it in favor of the TC. Love both.

Who knows, perhaps there is another lunch box in the planning stages as Mesa no longer has the Trans Atlantic series which was in the same product family as the Royal Atlantic, not the same amp but fit the tonal spectrum somewhat.

Well, Sweetwater made my decision that much easier, with 36 month 0% financing on Mesa, which I've never seen before. Ordered the TC100, a quad of Mesa 6V6's, and a spare 12AT7 just to have one in stock. I have a set of 7 SPAX7's from when I unloaded my Mark V head, and still have a quad of brand new Mesa 6L6's I bought for the Mark, so I'm ready to see what the TC100 can do with all 3 power tube types.

I was leaning towards adding a vertical 212 too due to the financing, but I don't play out any more and already have a Friedman 212 with V30's in it. So I'll play it mainly through that 212, but will also give it a go with my Mesa Widebody 112 closed back with the C90 speaker. Not too worried about the wattage on the 112 at the volumes I play at.

Should arrive Saturday due to my Fedex proximity to Sweetwater. I'll report back after I get acquainted with it.

Head came in today and I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on it. The master volume is simply fantastic. I usually use a Rivera Rockcrusher to tame things to the volumes I use, but there's no need at all with the TC100. It will be a while before I try the 6V6's, as I'm loving how it sounds with the EL34's and I want to get some time in with them.

The TC-100 sounds great with the 6L6 tubes, not quite as loud as the EL34. Sure 6L6 may sound a bit different but it is not terrible like it was with the RA100. I have both TC-100 and TC-50. Love the TC-50 with the 6V6. Have yet to order another pair of 6V6 tubes to try out in the TC-100. As for the attenuator, I rarely use it with the TC-100. The RA100 does a better job with the multi-soak than the TC-100 since it lacks the global/master volume control. I cannot seem to get the power tubes to saturate with the TC-100 using the multi-soak feature. Will have to set it up and boost the master volume and see how that goes. I have two RA100's and they are keepers even though I have the TC-100 and TC-50.

The Mesa Vertical or Horizontal 212 cabs seem to be the ideal cabinet for the TC series. Sure you can use any of the 412 cabs loaded with V30 too. Tried a widebody open back 112 with MC90. Not a fan, did not like the tone. No big deal really, the MC90 did not stay in the cab for very long as I got it for loading an EV or OTR speaker to be paired up with the MKV90 combo or the JP-2C head. Too bad the recto 112 with V30 is too small for the TC-50 head. I had considered that option but again would probably stuff an EV into it so I can run the JP though it.

Tried out the 6V6 tubes and am going to stick with them. I also had a set of SPAX7’s that i very briefly had in my Mark V 90 watt head, but I yanked them out when I sold it. Those are in all spots but the AT7 spot. Im really glad I decided to get this head. Dead quiet, and inspiring tones.

Currently running this through my Friedman Runt 212 with V30s, but am planning to get the vertical Mesa 212 in a couple weeks. With my Helix in 4CM and MIDI it’s just a fun rig that inspires me.

Using my TC-50 with 2x12 horizontal mesa cab. Sounds pretty good on bedroom lvl :twisted:

Back