Fillmore 50 and question about a lack of slave out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernando

Reaction score
So, I'm gassing for a Fillmore 50... :oops: :lol:

Have checked out all the vids too many times and read the manual front to back 100 times just to convince myself. :wink:

I have a midi controlled rig with 3 other boogies, MK5:35, TC50 and a LSS. It's a wet/dry/wet setup where I use the slave-out of the amps to feed the stereo wet effects mixer so as not to mess with the pure tone of the amps. The amps are dry.

Now, if i were to incorporate a Fillmore 50 into this setup, the midi part is not an issue since I can control the channel switching with a cv option using my RJM amp gizmo. One of the advantages of such a beautiful, simple and elegant amp.

But now I have to get a "slave signal" from the amp to the mixer for the stereo effects. I do not want to feed the effects thru the loop; I want the amp to be completely dry.

I can mike the amp, but i'd rather not to avoid bleed thru, etc, bla bla bla.

So to my question... can the effect loop of the FIllmore 50, or any other amp for that matter, be "Y'ed" to create a "hybrid" slave out?

In other words, a mono "Y" cable from the loop out, with one tail, "A" of the "Y" feeding the loop in and the other tail of the "Y", "B" feeding a mixer?

Not being an electrical wiz, would this cause any issues such as impedance mismatch, tone suck, or something else?

Besides that, I think I might have problems with signal level matching, since the loop on the Fillmore does not have it's own level control, it is controlled by the Master vol on the front. I guess if volume was causing too hot of a signal on the "B" feed of the "Y" that goes to a mixer, i could insert something like a Huges and Kettner Red Box that would allow me to attenuate the signal. I guess I could also use the red box to get a feed from the speaker out to split off to the mixer, but i tried that before with my LSS and didn't like what it did to the tone.

Has anyone tried using a "Y" cable in the effects loop of an amp to create a "slave out"? What were the results? Did sparks fly, lol?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any replies!

peace

Fernando said:
So, I'm gassing for a Fillmore 50... :oops: :lol:

Have checked out all the vids too many times and read the manual front to back 100 times just to convince myself. :wink:

I have a midi controlled rig with 3 other boogies, MK5:35, TC50 and a LSS. It's a wet/dry/wet setup where I use the slave-out of the amps to feed the stereo wet effects mixer so as not to mess with the pure tone of the amps. The amps are dry.

Now, if i were to incorporate a Fillmore 50 into this setup, the midi part is not an issue since I can control the channel switching with a cv option using my RJM amp gizmo. One of the advantages of such a beautiful, simple and elegant amp.

But now I have to get a "slave signal" from the amp to the mixer for the stereo effects. I do not want to feed the effects thru the loop; I want the amp to be completely dry.

I can mike the amp, but i'd rather not to avoid bleed thru, etc, bla bla bla.

So to my question... can the effect loop of the FIllmore 50, or any other amp for that matter, be "Y'ed" to create a "hybrid" slave out?

In other words, a mono "Y" cable from the loop out, with one tail, "A" of the "Y" feeding the loop in and the other tail of the "Y", "B" feeding a mixer?

Not being an electrical wiz, would this cause any issues such as impedance mismatch, tone suck, or something else?

Besides that, I think I might have problems with signal level matching, since the loop on the Fillmore does not have it's own level control, it is controlled by the Master vol on the front. I guess if volume was causing too hot of a signal on the "B" feed of the "Y" that goes to a mixer, i could insert something like a Huges and Kettner Red Box that would allow me to attenuate the signal. I guess I could also use the red box to get a feed from the speaker out to split off to the mixer, but i tried that before with my LSS and didn't like what it did to the tone.

Has anyone tried using a "Y" cable in the effects loop of an amp to create a "slave out"? What were the results? Did sparks fly, lol?

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any replies!

peace

The "Line Out" on the TC-50 will serve the same purpose as the formerly labeled "Slave Out". Thanks!

Thank you sir, for the reply! Unfortunately my question about the slave out concerns the Fillmore 50. I actually use the cabclone on both my MK5:35 and TC50 and it works great! I know that i could get the cabclone standalone for my future Fillmore 50, but would rather use the effect loop, if possible, as a described in my original post. Thank you again!

peace

Fernando said:
Thank you sir, for the reply! Unfortunately my question about the slave out concerns the Fillmore 50. I actually use the cabclone on both my MK5:35 and TC50 and it works great! I know that i could get the cabclone standalone for my future Fillmore 50, but would rather use the effect loop, if possible, as a described in my original post. Thank you again!

peace

Oh jeez! My eyes were definitely playing tricks on me....!!!

Awesome! that looks pretty good! My initial idea was to go with the CabClone, since it's a "known" device i have been using with my other mesa's, and there were no other ideas posted here, but that "ISO line out" looks very interesting. I like that there are options to fine tune it. Will be doing some research on that. Thank you very much, ifailedshapes!

peace

Back