MINI RECTIFIER® 25 or RECTO®-VERB™ 25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurko1992

Reaction score
Hi guys, i will happy if you help me :)

I want to buy a Mesa/Boogie head in a few month.

I don't have the money for one of the "Big One's" (and i don't really need it, jeje), so i saw this two, MINI RECTIFIER® 25 or RECTO®-VERB™ 25, the differens between the prices is 167$ (the 25 is 167$ more expensive), i did the compare in the mesa website (i put the DUAL RECTIFIER® just for fun. :-D) http://mesaboogie.com/compare.html#, i don't see a lot of diference between them, just this:

PREAMP TUBES Mini: 5x Mesa 12AX7 Recto: 6x Mesa 12AX7
GRAPHIC EQ / REVERB / FX / SOLO Mini: FX Loop Recto: Reverb, FX Loop (i don't use the Reverb, FX Loop in anyway)

So, whitch one you recomend?

Thanks for the help :D

It's probably safe to say that they sound the same. Apart from the reverb. If you don't need that, go for the normal Mini Rectifier.

But neither of the Rectifiers has a graphic eq. So you might have compared that to something else, probably a Mark?

thanks for the help, i didn't think about the EQ :)
but the problem is this:

Mini: 1305 $
Mark V 25: 1747 $
Mark V 35: 2024 $

I don't have that kind of money for the Head :(, ok, after a few matematic equaletions, with a little effort, i think that i can buy the Mark V 25 Head.
Is much much better that the Mini, if (and i don't think that it's goon to happend soon) want to sell it, the price kepp good on secound hand?

And another question, i have the MESA/Boogie Studio Preamp, if i sell it (that will help very very much to get the money for the mark v) i can get the same sound that i have from the preamp? (in case that i wasn't clear, hehe) i can get the same sound from the mark v and the preamp?

Thanks again for the help :D

I think "better" is relative... both are good amps, both sound different. You should figure out which sound you're after first...

ok, thanks for the help men :)

after a little thinking, i can buy (just need to wait until november) 1 of those 3 heads (Mini: 1305 $/Mark V 25: 1747 $/Mark V 35: 2024 $) so i will need to go and check them and see witch one i like better, rigth?

Having owned both the Mini Rec and the V25, I have to say the V25 is head and shoulders better, at least for me. I know a lot of guys love the Mini Rec / Rectoverb 25, and I'm not going to say it's a bad amp, I think it's pretty awesome too. But IMO it really needs an EQ in a way a rectifier amp usually does not. It has a honky midrange, and it's a very loud amp that is impossible to tame at low volumes.

The 25 watt Mesa amps have the power amp on full blast all the time for maximum headroom, which means the master knob is the preamp volume. This works amazingly for the Mark amp as the Mark V preamp can sound awesome and tight at a whisper, making that amp more versatile for bedroom jamming and full band jamming. Also, the Mark V 25 is louder overall (so it's capable of being both quieter and louder than the Mini Rec), they got more out of the power section using the same 2xEL84 structure with a couple years more experience when they released it. Speaking from experience, playing in a loud metal band, the Mini Rec 25 was barely loud enough while the V25 was definitely loud enough. The only issue I had with the V25 is I still needed a little more headroom, and you'll find both amps begin to choke a bit over the mid point for the master knob. You're just not going to get more volume out of it no matter how far you turn that knob!

If you're going to go with the Mini Rec or Rectoverb 25, grab yourself a JHS mini amp box to go with it and throw it in the loop. At least you will ahve some more volume control as you can use it similarly to a true master (you'll be attenuating the preamp) knob.

Bottom line, the Mini Rec is amazing, the Recto-Verb is equally amazing, but the real crown jewel of the last 10 years for Mesa in smaller wattage really is the Mark V25. It's the bees knees, my friend!

desertdweller said:
Having owned both the Mini Rec and the V25, I have to say the V25 is head and shoulders better, at least for me. I know a lot of guys love the Mini Rec / Rectoverb 25, and I'm not going to say it's a bad amp, I think it's pretty awesome too. But IMO it really needs an EQ in a way a rectifier amp usually does not. It has a honky midrange, and it's a very loud amp that is impossible to tame at low volumes.

The 25 watt Mesa amps have the power amp on full blast all the time for maximum headroom, which means the master knob is the preamp volume. This works amazingly for the Mark amp as the Mark V preamp can sound awesome and tight at a whisper, making that amp more versatile for bedroom jamming and full band jamming. Also, the Mark V 25 is louder overall (so it's capable of being both quieter and louder than the Mini Rec), they got more out of the power section using the same 2xEL84 structure with a couple years more experience when they released it. Speaking from experience, playing in a loud metal band, the Mini Rec 25 was barely loud enough while the V25 was definitely loud enough. The only issue I had with the V25 is I still needed a little more headroom, and you'll find both amps begin to choke a bit over the mid point for the master knob. You're just not going to get more volume out of it no matter how far you turn that knob!

If you're going to go with the Mini Rec or Rectoverb 25, grab yourself a JHS mini amp box to go with it and throw it in the loop. At least you will ahve some more volume control as you can use it similarly to a true master (you'll be attenuating the preamp) knob.

Bottom line, the Mini Rec is amazing, the Recto-Verb is equally amazing, but the real crown jewel of the last 10 years for Mesa in smaller wattage really is the Mark V25. It's the bees knees, my friend!

thanks very much!

but at the end, i think that i can buy the Mark V 35 Head :)
but in case that i can not for any reason, you was very very helpully :)

ok, so here it is :D

c8cb18b07f5d2511e97c0a3d4ed7b0a79cea3662.jpg

Back