New JP2C owner with a sound clip!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

failsafe306

Reaction score
Hello all, we all know how great this amp is, but I don’t see many sound clips on here. So, as soon as I got familiar with the amp and got a good sound going, I couldn’t wait to record with it. I decided to record the best song ever written- Battery by Metallica. Without further ado, here it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d1is7jw4ubo8ax/Battery%20cab%20comp%20eq%20remix.wav?dl=0

bandit2013 said:
Sounds great. What is the trick for recording the amp? Torpedo?

Just an SM57 into a Scarlett interface, into Reaper with a little compression and eq.

I would have to say I am impressed with the Focusrite Scarlett Octo Pre Dynamic preamp, same company that makes the Scarlett product you mentioned. I needed 8 channels for the drum kit, and the compression on each channel works like a charm. I had made some recordings of the JP-2C using an SM57 and Sennheiser e609 on the cab and it sound like I am in the room with it. Did not need to EQ anything, just the preamp is all I needed. Not running a DAW program just yet, using a TASCAM recorder at the moment.

Latest posts

Back