Mark 1 Reissue Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue-moon

Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs in the "vintage" section or the "modern" section.

Anyway, I am thinking for picking up a mint Mark 1 Reissue from 2012. It is the hardwood combo with wicker grill.

Loved my Mark V. Though, I am I started to get frustrated with all the knobs and options. The simpler the better for me, I think.

I read a lot of reviews of the Mark 1 amps and some of the reviews talk about it being too dark and sterile.

Would love to get some input on the amp (the combo)....the good, the bad and the ugly.

Also, what would be a good price for a mint condition Mark 1 reissue combo.

blue-moon said:
Not sure if this belongs in the "vintage" section or the "modern" section.

Anyway, I am thinking for picking up a mint Mark 1 Reissue from 2012. It is the hardwood combo with wicker grill.

Loved my Mark V. Though, I am I started to get frustrated with all the knobs and options. The simpler the better for me, I think.

I read a lot of reviews of the Mark 1 amps and some of the reviews talk about it being too dark and sterile.

Would love to get some input on the amp (the combo)....the good, the bad and the ugly.

Also, what would be a good price for a mint condition Mark 1 reissue combo.

FYI, the Mark I Reissue was out of production in 2012. There were a few produced in the 2000's, but discontinued completely in 2008. Thahnks

Good amp as far as an off the shelf Boogie Mark I... The circuit is a near faithful recreation of a late 70's Mark I. The presence and negative feedback loop are altered but can be modded if you want a true period correct Mark I. They still seem to get roughly $750.00 to $1500.00 depending on cab/head/dress options... I think they are great and have had a few come through the shop. Fun to match it up with an old JBL speaker which will help extend those high freqs...

lovetoboogie said:
Good amp as far as an off the shelf Boogie Mark I... The circuit is a near faithful recreation of a late 70's Mark I. The presence and negative feedback loop are altered but can be modded if you want a true period correct Mark I. They still seem to get roughly $750.00 to $1500.00 depending on cab/head/dress options... I think they are great and have had a few come through the shop. Fun to match it up with an old JBL speaker which will help extend those high freqs...

Yeah, this one is mint with the the imbuya wood and wicker grill. It is mint. Has been sitting it the original shipping box with tags, etc. I don’t think it has been played more than a few times. Need to figure out date. Must be a 2008.

Did you buy it? :p

Mint with imbuya, sounds very cool. I have a blonde RI combo -- certainly not "dark and sterile". But if the bass knob is turned above 3 or so it takes over the sound of the amp in a way that many people don't like.

Sundodger said:
Did you buy it? :p

Mint with imbuya, sounds very cool. I have a blonde RI combo -- certainly not "dark and sterile". But if the bass knob is turned above 3 or so it takes over the sound of the amp in a way that many people don't like.
Didn't get that one. He wouldn't ship it. I did end up buying one in near-mint condition in Walnut. It has a Mesa branded EVM 12 inch speaker in it.

blue-moon said:
Didn't get that one. He wouldn't ship it. I did end up buying one in near-mint condition in Walnut. It has a Mesa branded EVM 12 inch speaker in it.
Let's see it! My hunger for hardwood amp photos is insatiable!

I have a '90 reissue.
Black Rolex, c90
People call it the Robben Ford Special. It can do metal. I run into a twin cabinet. It's got 60watt switch and tweed switch, so it goes down to 22 watts, more than enough!

Latest posts

Back