MARK III + + mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Block said:
I have a loaded 3+ red stripe head, and it rips. Identical lead tone as my upgraded SRG IIC+ that mike B did too. If you need any more gain, I’d throw a Precision Drive in front and get the benefits of the noise gate vs the ++ mod. IMO

Yeah or just engage the R2 channel! III++ is a bit ridiculous and OTT for me but each to their own!

I have 2 of these and it does not involve some of the changes mentioned in this thread. Mine came from Mike B at MB. They are switchable via the mid pot pull out to switch the mod on. Not going to divulge the specific changes, but much of what’s been mentioned here so far is off base. The + mod is something different altogether.

Wizard of Ozz said:
I have 2 of these and it does not involve some of the changes mentioned in this thread. Mine came from Mike B at MB. They are switchable via the mid pot pull out to switch the mod on. Not going to divulge the specific changes, but much of what’s been mentioned here so far is off base. The + mod is something different altogether.

Thanks for the info. So to clarify you have 2 III++s and the mod is switchable via the mid pot when pulled? Was this a special request? The only reason I ask is my friend has a III++ from Mike B and it definitely still has the R2 channel AND the ++ mod so the mod is not switchable on that. Once we pull the chassis (it's in a custom shell at the moment making that more difficult) I'll check what was changed.

Also you're saying the III+ mod is something completely different to the III++? The assumption here is that the III+ involves changes to shape the tone close to a IIC+. If you could clarify without divulging anything specific that'd be great. The idea is that the III++ mod adds a db or gain boost to that but if we're definitely wrong thanks for clarifying!

Back