Question on versatility of the Triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisDay

Reaction score
A Triaxis + 20/20 has come up for sale on the local market and I remember trying to get hold of one a few years ago when I was just getting back into guitar. My tastes have diversified though, so now I'm wondering if the Triaxis would be good for blues tones from my vintage-voiced Strat as well as getting those searing metal tones from my active-EMG-equipped Jackson, and inbetween rock sounds from a Les Paul.

Just for some context I had a Line 6 HD100 (the Bognor valve-driven modelling amp) which was okay. I thought I'd try out the Marshall Code 100H but I'm struggling to get it to sound anywhere near as good as the Line 6. I've been fiddling with the Code for about a month and on a good day it sounds half-decent, and on a bad day it's just crap. I imagine is because I've been spoiled by the valve tones. I'm running everything through a vintage Marshall 4x12" (and by vintage I mean the speakers are actually from the 60s/70s; I'm not sure what they are but they're around 25-30W each, in two different pairs).

So do any of you guys still use the Triaxis even though your tastes have mellowed? Is it worth spending ~$1500 on this, or are there some better options for getting warm bluesy breakup as well as high-gain tones?

Hello.

I acquired a triaxis + 2:50 set couple of weeks ago and I’m trying still to find my tone :)

The power amp is a bit of a question mark is it for me or not and would it be time to swap all tubes in there as I find it hard to spot great crunch with enough headroom. The triaxis itself sounds good with Electra Dyne poweramp (simulclass 90w) but would be horrible to lug around (unless rackifying the ED...).

The mark is there in spades but the crunch is still evading. For value point I don’t have any clue what’s the value of that setup in there.

Still the tri is very interesting piece of gear and I have my hopes high still ;)

Had some spare time today to check the crunch and the LD1 yellow started to be pretty close what I’m looking for.

Don’t know how bluesy that would be as I’m not a blues player even though my tastes have mellowed down a bit :)

Eevil said:
I acquired a triaxis + 2:50 set couple of weeks ago and I’m trying still to find my tone :)

Yeah, I heard there is a pretty long learning curve.

I found this guy on YouTube, who has Triaxis demos and reviews, where the reviews seem more like tutorials for shaping the tone. Unfortunately he speaks Portuguese, but there are English subtitles for most videos.

He definitely has me leaning towards making the purchase.

Seems legit :)

I recorded some brainfartish noodling while having some tweak time. It actually turned out being better than I thought while recording.

My experience has been positive after Roadster. (I swapped Roadster to this rack setup) and Midi is also positive thing: the rig is controlled by Boss Dd-500 so no bulky midipedals or stuff :)

Eevil said:
I recorded some brainfartish noodling...

Nice. It's sounds good. I listened to a few of that Brazilian guys videos and decided to go with something a bit more modern, as even though he was getting some nice tones it all seemed a bit too compressed for my liking. Maybe that's just his preference, but I like to open things up a bit more than anything I've heard so far.

Back