Mark IIB coli modded to Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a Mark IIC++ coli listed for $6800.00 on eBay and a Mark IIB coli listed on reverb for $2600.00 and wondered if I changed the preamp board from the IIB with a preamp board from a C+ it would that work?

xdg999 said:
I talked to Mike B. today. He said it can be done.

Do Mesa still have spare preamp boards available for the IIC+? I thought they had run out.

Do you know if the IIC+ preamp board for the coliseum is different to the RP-11A or SP-11A boards for Reverb/Non Reverb models respectively? I would imagine it's just the power section that's different obviously but you never know!

Thanks!

Jon

They don't have any boards left. I asked Mike B. about taking a board out of an existing c+. I also asked him about taking a 105 transformer out of a Mark lll black dot and putting it in one of my upgraded c+'s.

Coli C+ preamps are the same respectfully. If you have IIB Cole and a C+ preamp board. You should be able to make the conversion. But getting past Mike's "huh why" look might be another question. More power is the only difference unless you going form 60/100 to Simul-class. Who needs that much power anymore..

Latest posts

Back