Guitar for beginners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpNorthMark

Reaction score
The PRS SE line seems to be pretty consistent good quality for the price or the more expensive Epiphone guitars are usually decent as well. Good luck

The Yamaha PAC112J's are killer guitars for the money. I mean, astonishingly good. If you're wanting a great guitar for under $200, I can't recommend them enough.

You can get a Les Paul Special by Epiphone new for about $150. Great guitar for the value. You could find used Epiphones for about $100 as well.

If you wanted to up the price, you can find used Gibson SGs or LP Studios for under $500.

I thought that this subject had been debated and the Made in Mexico (MIM) Fender Stratocaster was the overall winner. I've gigged a lot of $50.00 Squier Strats without a problem.

The Mexican made Fenders are good guitars. I have two friends who each have one. I also bought one but mine was a bit more expensive as it has a compound radius neck and Floyd Rose bridge. Dave Murray model. The build quality is very good although I wish there were 22 frets and the bridge was a full float vs being blocked by the body.

There are many good guitars for budget minded folks. I would spend some time and look at your local guitar shop, Sam Ash, Guitar Center or other. Sometimes you can find a great used guitar for about the same cost as a new low cost import. PRS,Schecter, LTD, ESP, Yamaha are also good instruments. Charvel and Jackson. I would look to find something you feel most comfortable holding in your hands first. Focus on the fret wire, the thicker and wider frets are always good to have (common on most MIM Fenders). If you can find one with stainless steel frets that is even better as bends will much easier than nickel alloy which tend to need buffing to improve the feel. Tuning machine heads are also important, some are cheesy and some are really good. I would also look at those, if it is a stamped metal (vintage looking machine tuner style) it may be difficult to replace if you need to do so. How the instrument sounds unplugged may be a good indication it will sound great plugged in. Try them out with and without an amp. Some will sound great and some will just be lame. It is really hit or miss when you get down to the lower cost instruments. Guitars with a fixed bridge may be a better option for a beginner since the tuning and string replacement will be much easier. Those with a locking tremolo bridge set up like a Floyd Rose will be more complicated to replace stings and take much longer to tune up and stretch the strings. (that aspect does not bother me and I actually love the Floyd Rose). Still for developing finger strength and technique the fixed bridge would be best. You can always get a different type of guitar later on once you get hooked.

I dound a suitable guitar for me n start to practise for 1 month. Where can I find guitar club for beginner?

Get a used tele. I recommend getting one with a six saddle bridge. Or, if you go three saddle, get compensated saddles. Tele's are simple, rugged, versatile guitars. You can even get humbucker pickups that fit in the tele pickup slots. If you want to change the sound.

I disagree with the notion that an acoustic guitar is the best choice for beginners. I think every player should have one, but the best choice for a beginner is an easy playing guitar with comfortable action, good setup, and is the one that the player likes and wants.

If you dream only of electric guitars, an acoustic will not inspire you. But if you want to be just like Leo Kottke or Michael Hedges, maybe you need to go straight to a Martin D45.

Latest posts

Back