Older 3Ch Bass Pots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afu

Reaction score
I noticed on the parts list that the bass pot on Channel 3 has the part number for a 250k pot instead of a 1M pot. I'm not well, so I can't take mine apart right now, but could anyone confirm whether the one on your amp is #593148?

I did some EQ matching using the Tone Stack Calculator and then tried it hands-on and it could be true about the 250k pot, because the tones became very close using Modern.

If you have that program, or choose to download it, take a look at how the EQ changes with difference in value. Scooping out the mids is less dramatic than a person might think. It carves out the frequencies where muddiness occurs and turning up the bass makes the carve bigger in the low mids.

The 2 Channel amps used exact pots for bass on both channels. That makes me wonder if it has anything to do with perceived differences on the Red Channel between those amps and the 3 Channel?

Just checked my 2005 Triple Recto. The red and orange channels both have 1M bass pots (part number 739).

Confirming that 3CH rectos have 1M for bass.

250k in the bass would top out at what would be 59% for a 1M; about 1 o'clock. Otherwise their response is identical - but obviously at differing travels on the knob - since it's wired as a variable resistor.

Latest posts

Back