The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am 
Mark II

Hi Guys,

I was so annoyed with all the misinformation out there that I've HOPEFULLY drawn up an accurate IIC+ schematic of the main sections. I say hopefully because I do not own a IIC+ and cannot verify this info. This is taken from info I can find on here from chipaudette who had a IIC converted to a IIC+ by Mike B and all the great IIC+ info from Boogiebabies that's on here. Thanks so much for this info!

It's also taken from my experience of verifying my Early III Black Stripe, the mainly accurate schematic from the sloclones forum and chipaudette who drew up a IIC schematic here and took some gut shots: https://get.google.com/albumarchive/109 ... source=pwa

Please let me know if there are any errors. But please only from someone who has a genuine IIC+ to verify with!

Anyway the schematic is here. Hope it's of use to someone!

EDIT Link updated to include correct EQ and Power Section, along with a few corrections from info out there. This includes, hopefully, the mystery EQ cap everyone keeps talking about! As long as it's the same as on a IIC because that's where I'm basing the info from.

It also gives info on the ++ Mod. There seem to be two versions so have included both. One involves a simple addition and the other includes adding a relay to switch similar to the Mark III.

I have no concrete info on the Reverb or the High Voltage Supply for a IIC+ so cannot compare these at the moment. Apart from that is pretty much as accurate as you'll get until someone traces theirs or offers me one to trace 8)

PDF: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ljGYj ... HIuMjGJ34C

Thanks,

Jon

Last edited by jrb32 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 pm 
Mark II

Wow. Great work! I wish I even remotely knew what any of that means. Hahha.

Would be awesome to be able to troubleshoot my amps instead of just changing tubes and hoping that fixes the problem. :lol:

93 97 98 PRS CE24
94 98 G&L Legacy
94 G&L ASAT Special
95 G&L S-500
99 Peavy Wolfgang
11 Gibson LP Studio 60

69 Bandmaster Head
88 Quad Pre
91 & 92 Simul 295
92 DC-5
96 Mark IV Maple/Wicker
98 5150 combo
08 Mark IV Wide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:59 am 
Mark IV

Awesome!!!!

Mark IIC+ SGX, DRGX x2
Mark III black dot DRGX
Mark IV A DRGX
Mark V:25
Dual Rectifier Rev G, Recto preamp
Cabclone
Mesa amp switcher
4x12 Recto standard
1x12 Thiele cab.
Tons of Ibbies, what a habit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:03 am 
Mark II

This was really useful for me for comparing my Mark III for the + mod!

The 100k resistor after the volume you've labelled as optional, is that for the ++ mod? It's not on the other schematics I've seen or anything for the Mark IIIs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:54 am 
Mark II

Quote:
The 100k resistor after the volume you've labelled as optional, is that for the ++ mod? It's not on the other schematics I've seen or anything for the Mark IIIs.

It's a remnant of upgrading a IIC to a IIC+ that Mike B leaves in. Info I got was from here: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.ph ... 49&start=0

I don't think it has anything to do with the ++ mod but certainly wouldn't harm anything and would definitely add some gain when combined with a 10pF on V2! Try it and see :)

Last edited by jrb32 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:34 am 
Mark II

Link updated to include correct EQ and Power Section, along with a few corrections from info out there. This includes, hopefully, the mystery EQ cap.

It also gives info on the ++ Mod. There seem to be two versions so have included both. One involves a component addition and the other includes adding a relay to switch similar to the Mark III.

I have no concrete info on the Reverb or the High Voltage Supply for a IIC+ so cannot compare these at the moment. Apart from that is pretty much as accurate as you'll get until someone traces theirs or offers me one to trace 8)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ljGYjZx_34k5PMcLGT97brHIuMjGJ34C (same as link above - updated that as well)

Thanks,

Jon