Strat HH wiring

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swbo101

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link for a wiring diagram to wire a HH strat with a 3 way blade switch with one volume and 2 tone pots. Not looking to coil tap or split.

Can't find one.

Thanks!!!!

It's not like there is one diagram for what you want. Most importantly is what brand and specific pick-you have. Most manufacturers have a certain color scheme that carries throughout their entire line, but not always and pick-ups can have any amount of wires coming out of them with some needing to be soldered together and all that crap.

It's best to check the pick-ups website first.

Here is one from the DiMarzio website that should do it:

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/2h1v2t_3w_all.pdf

Good luck,
Stephan

Regardless of the pickup type (I just sub the correct colors) I use Seymour Duncan's schematics. They're super easy to read and their new website lets you easily select the pickups parts & pots you have to get the right diagram. I think this is the one you would want: https://docs.google.com/gview?embed...-content/uploads/2016/05/Tele_2H_3B_1V_1T.pdf I'm considering using this for my Strat HH project along with 1 or 2 push pull pots for single coil sounds. So far it seems the easiest route.

Also; Sorry to hijack but I have a strat HH wiring question also. Could anyone with more knowledge than myself tell me what pickup combination this diagram would yeild?
https://docs.google.com/gview?embed...-content/uploads/2016/05/Tele_2H_3B_1V_1T.pdf Best I can tell it's a bridge HB, Single neck & God knows what else.

Again, sorry for the hijack but I hated to start another post that is also about Strat HH wiring. LOL!

Thanks for posting this schematic, I would think this is exactly what was asked for.

I am not sure what you are asking - the second schematic posted looks identical to the first one.

Cheers Stephan

Copy & paste mistake. https://docs.google.com/gview?embed...wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2H_5WSPL_1V_1T.pdf

Most of my wiring experience has been with LP's or Tele's. Still little new to 5 way Strat switch madness so this diagram was a little confusing for me. My local tech suggested I save myself some grey hairs & possibly having to buy a "mega switch" & just use the previous diagram with a tele type switch & 1 or 2 push pull pots for the coil tapping.

Was looking to pull off position 1 bridge HB/ position 2 bridge split /position 3 both HB / position 4 neck split /position 5 neck HB.

The above diagram to the best I can tell does this: p1 bridge hb / p2 both hb / p3 neck hb / p4 bridge hb neck split / p5 bridge split. That combination is just a bit too unorthodox for me.

Sorry about the confusion. Since I started my 2 HB Strat project I've been in constant confusion myself. Thankfully I have access to a competent & practical tech that got my head turned back the right way.

It is always a good idea to start simple and then add refinements.

The super switch (that is the 5 way 4 level switch, aka 20 pole switch) is practical if you want combinations which are otherwise not or not easily attainable. Then there are the various Megaswitches by Eyb (E-type provides some of the most popular combinations for SSS, HSS, HSH or HH, P-type provides the PRS rotary selector positions and the M-type is the equivalent to the 20 pole switch). You only "need" them if the pickup combinations you want cannot be achieved with a normal 3 or 5 way switch or if you want those combinations without using push-pull pots (or if you cannot use push-pull pots in case the guitar body is too shallow to fit them). So the first question is always: what pickup combinations do I want?

Cheers Stephan

darkbluemurder said:
So the first question is always: what pickup combinations do I want?

Exactly. For me I wanted LP switching in HB mode & Strat/Tele stuff in addition. Took a bit but figured out what would work for me.

Latest posts

Back