Pedal board comparison

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfriley

Reaction score
I am comparing the new Voodoolab dingbat vs the Pedaltrain pedalboards. This will be my first pedal board; right now everything is sitting on the floor. Currently I’m running a tuner, Wah, Phaser, OD, noise gate, and the large TC electronics delay pedal. They all run into my Mesa Mark V 35. I’m sure with GAS and room on the board I will acquire more in the future.
At a glance for the money the VooDoo lab SEEMs like the better deal (essentially the same size, with 4 more power outputs for $50 more, plus already put together.)

The Dingbat medium with Pedal power Mondo costs $379, the board is 22” by 13.5” and the Mondo has 12 isolated output sections.

The Pedaltrain package I built would cost $332 (the price includes the mounting brackets) ; its board is 24” x 12.5, and a pedal power 2 which has 8 output sections.

Dows anyone have experience with either of these two pedal board options?

I initially thought about getting the pedaltrain mainly because it was the first one I had looked at. It was the right size and it came with a carry bag. I was using a DIY board made from Home Depot parts and wanted an upgrade. Lol.

I ended up buying a Gator Gig Box Jr only because the lid is also a stand that holds 3 instruments. Saves an extra trip every gig. $150 on sale (Normally $179) with the power supply. I would really suggest to anyone getting this to get the version without the Gator power supply because it is so noisy. I use the One Spot adapter and it works with all my pedals, and threw the Gator adapter into storage.

I have a Pedal Train Pro. I use two voodoo labs supplies, which work very well. OK, maybe not the cheapest options but I have zero noise issues and they power everything on my board effortlessly. Never have had any issues at shows or in the studio. No complaints here !

I've had two PT Pro boards, still have one.

I have switched to a Friedman board. I really like it. The two-layer design with the ability to add in spacers for things like wah or volume is really cool, and the boards are a great size and shape. I also recommend the power supply.

Back