Rectifier + Mooer Radar (stage sound performance and rec.)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JensMrqn

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First of all: I'm new here. If the post is in the wrong board, shoot me.

I wanne use a cab sim for recording and a more straight sound on stage. I've decided to use the Mooer Radar because i'm on a budget.
After a bit of research i noticed that i can use the slave output on my rectifier for a line level sound with pre-amp and power amp from the rectifier.

Question one: What is the slave output mainly used for? The recto manuals desciption is not pretty clear in my perspective...

Question two: Can i run the slave out throught the Mooer Radar (or similar cab sims) without running the amp throught a cab? (Which would be awesome for recording at home.)

Question three: If not, what do i need to do to create a line level signal with power amp signal running throught the Mooer Radar?

Question four: Is the slave out signal dependent from the master volume?

It's a big new puzzle for me and i don't want to blow up the whole thing. I'd rather know too much than just not enough. Help!

Kind regards from Belgium.

Welcome to the forum

One: The slave out is designed to be used to ‘slave’ the amp to the input of another power amp or effects rack.

Two: There must ALWAYS be a speaker load connected to the amp, even if using the slave output. Failure to do so can destroy the output section of the amp (powertubes and or output tranny).

Three: You will need a ‘dummy load’ on the speaker output to use the slave output silently. Another option is a Mesa Cab Clone.

The Slave output is taken from the output transformer, it will be after all amp controls.

I hope that helps,
Dom

Here's a simple way to do it and retain what you want. If you have any effects pedal that can split into stereo (like a reverb, chorus, or multi-effect pedal or rack), run it last in your chain. Run one mono output from it back to your effects return on your amp, run the other output to something like the Mooer Radar, and let that output go to the house. You can run your amp with your cab for your sound on stage without needing to mic it, and you have complete control over the sound that goes to the front of the house.

The slave output is not useless, but it's dated. I'd rather have my sound with full effects going to the house than have to run the slave (which is just the preamp sound) out to something. At the very least to include a noise gate :)

desertdweller said:
The slave output is not useless, but it's dated. I'd rather have my sound with full effects going to the house than have to run the slave (which is just the preamp sound) out to something. At the very least to include a noise gate :)
The Slave output comes from the Output Transformer, and will include any effects that are in the FX Loop. It is NOT another preamp split.

This is explained in the amp’s owners manual.

Dom

Back