TC-100.......I knew I should have waited!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This forum title should be updated to “Triple Crown” since there is now a family, and not just the TC50.

Thanks for the video link. I’m curious if there isn’t too much overlap between the 50 and 100W models? Why continue to make the 50W version?

A 50W amp, with it’s smaller iron, feels and plays differently than a ‘hundred watter. If you’ve ever played a Single & Dual Recto back to back (or a Marshall 2203/2204) you’d see what I mean.

Dom

I have played the RA100 back to back with the TC-50, they are close enough to compare.

As for the Triple Crown being the main title, I thought that same thing when the Forum was first started as it was stated on Mesa Website, Triple Crown Series (one would think there were going to be others). Cool they came out with the 100W before the lunch box version ( assuming there will be one which may be the rebirth of the Trans Atlantic amps or perhaps not). What has me hooked, it is the same size as the TC-50. If you ever took a look inside the amp, there is plenty of space for larger power supply capacitors (ones used in the 50W are vary small), there is a bank of relays unpopulated as well as the power tube section sits below the preamp board. If mesa does use the same preamp board, it would explain the missing parts.

38604019872_33a89f0baa_z.jpg

I did compare the footswitch Midi commands or process numbers and they are the same as the TC-50. Thus I would assume if you had both the TC-100 and the TC-50 you could control both amps with one footswitch if you daisy chain the two amps through the midi ports. Now that would be fun.

Saw some more video contend on the TC-100 on sweetwater's website. If they had them in stock I would have ordered one. At the moment, I will have to wait until I get back from Vacation to place the order.

Manual is out now if you haven't seen it yet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/media/User%20Manuals/070545-TC100-171121-download.pdf

I am definitely going to get one. Will have to wait until after my Vacation though. No sense in ordering an amp if I will not be there to receive it.

I still plan on using the RA100 and the TC-50. Having two TC's would be cool as long as I remember to order the midi cable to daisy chain the two amps together. Also I am eager to hear what the TC100 would sound like relative to the RA100, even running in parallel. The combined effect of the TC-50 running parallel to the RA100 is awesome. Dang it.... Now what to do with the JP-2C, do I get yet another cabinet? I am running out of room as it is. I do have a traditional sized 412 of lesser quality than a Mesa cab. It is okay but not as good as I would like it to be. May just get a OS Recto 412 straight cab to go with the slant front 412 with the same grill cloth. A full stack.... that would be cool. perhaps that will be my next plan of attack. At least the RA100 would fit on top of the straight a bit better than on top of the slant 412. Too bad the RA100 is so heavy, at least the TC-100 would weigh less to crown of a full stack. So tempting....

I still haven't run my TC-50 together with my Electra Dyne. I've been meaning to do that for months, but something else always seems to come up. I think those 2 together would pretty much be the end of me, but in a good way!

Honestly, the only thing that would inspire me to get the TC-100 is the attenuator. I have no need for another 100 watt head, but to be able to attenuate it down...well...that's pretty intriguing.

And the wait continues to mount into obsession.

I am pulling the trigger once they arrive. I could preorder but I can wait and if a bit longer is needed that is okay too. You know how it plays out. Once you commit and then "WTF, When did that come out?" appears in the forums. I fear not as I have great interests in the TC series and if the TC100 is as much fun as the RA100 it is a win for me, even if the next Roadster-Road King or Mark amp pops out a sneak release or leak. I already have a modernized Mark amp with JP in its name. For some reason or another I think if Mesa did a Hatfield version it may be based on the Mark IV. If and when the Mark VI comes out it would have to surpass the JP-2C before I bite.

I should have the TC-100 today..... Work was shut down due to ice, wonder if the amp will arrive today considering the road conditions are not very good here on the east coast in NC. Perhaps on Saturday or Monday if not today.

Let us know what you think!

I'm going on a business trip to TX for 2 weeks, so Sweetwater is holding the shipping on my TC-100 and JVM215C until 1/18/18 - I'll get it right when I come back - which is gonna be awesome!

I'm particularly interested on your thoughts on the 20, 7, and 3 watt modes.

I would expect that the lower wattage will be about the same as the RA100. Also that gets hard on the tubes (at least with the RA). Since I have hard to find Gems in the RA100 (SED =C= EL34) I do not use the attenuator but it sounds awesome to choke it a bit on the clean channel with the gain maxed out.

So many FedEx trucks have passed my home. Three so far. They all seem to stop at the home next door across the street. So far no deliveries to my home yet. :roll:

Seems like the delivery is going all over the place except to its final destination. It has been in transit since 3am this morning just 29 miles away. It will probably be sent to FedEx location that is 35 miles away from me, but 50 miles from its location this morning. May never get it this weekend. Oh well, there is no reason why it should not arrive by Tuesday by the way it looks. Unless it goes back to Indiana or some other remote location before they realize the amp circumvented the globe before reaching its final destination. Such is life. :roll:

I guess the wait continues. :cry: My amp has been stuck 29 miles away at the FedEx facility, delivery is doomed and ill marked as Pending. I think they lost it during transit. (perhaps it was crushed or damaged and they are trying to determine to ship it back or send it on its way, or they have not peeled the truck body back far enough to get to it. ) Maybe I am not supposed to have this amp. I almost expected to have it yesterday since all roads were passable without issue. I fear the worst but may be surprised. This does happen, unfortunately. The amp did make it to NC but what condition is it in? Perhaps the spring reverb making noise has them baffled.

I thought things looked good yesterday, My order was in route for delivery. When I got home from work I though OH SH!@, the midi cable is hear but not the amp, WTF? I was relieved to discover the amp was not registered as delivered. The TC-100 has been eluding me for some reason. Perhaps it is embarrassed to be exposed to my review. If anyone recalls I did not favor the TC-50 at all when I first played though it, almost wanted to return it but I gave it some time and now I love it. So far the only TC-100 I have seen or hear was in videos. Next thing I will hear, "lost at sea". Hopefully there are no flooding rains in the forecast.

Latest posts

Back