60 Watt Mark II C+ Combo Weight

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack s.

Reaction score
Anyone know how much a tolex 60 watt Mark II C+ combo with EQ and reverb weighs? It has a black Shadow 150 watt speaker. One of these is for sale locally. I want it, but I worry about the weight of the Boogie Mark combos. I owned a 100 watt Mark II years ago but sold it because it was just too heavy to transport around.

If weight is going to be a problem you should get a small cart to move your amp. This, moving gear, is something that won't get better over time so I would invest in a cart that will carry your gear easily. A 70 lb. amp verses a 48 lb. one is still a lot of weight. Even a 22 lb. amp can be burdensome to someone walking an 1/8 of a mile through a parking lot, bar stools, dance floor, etc.

Don't buy junk, if you do, you'll regret it!

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting a cart of some sort. I have to take a cab to a lot of gigs and often have to carry gear a block or so when I drive. I've found that a 50 lb amp is the max I can carry along with a guitar and pedals. I tend to use the lighter gear more and more and use the heavy gear less and less these days. I'm trying to decide to go with getting the real C+ combo or a Mark V:35. I worry about the Mark V:35 combo being loud enough though......this band is LOUD. My experience has been that having the extra headroom is good for the higher gain stuff.

gts said:
You could get the combo and swap it into a head shell.
I could make you a head shell too.

Interesting idea. That's an option. Transporting both a head and a cab could be tough for me in some situations.If both were an option that might work though.

Also, which transformers on these are really rough on power amp tubes? I know the 105 transformers are. I'm trying to avoid having to buy NOS glass. I also am keeping an eye out for a Mark III locally in case I can score a really good deal. Do any transformers for these require NOS power tubes?

I was thinking about changing speakers to put my Mark IIB on a diet, so I weighed it.

52 lb. Not a II C+, but a good point of reference for anyone shopping.

No EQ, Reverb or Simul-Class, just a plain 60W combo. The MS-12 Black Shadow weighs 15.8 lb, so I was looking at neo replacements to get close to 40 lb total, which would be really, really nice considering what it is.

jack s. said:
gts said:

Interesting idea. That's an option. Transporting both a head and a cab could be tough for me in some situations.If both were an option that might work though.

I've made quite a few 1x12 and Thiele cabinets too.
Currently making a couple of a 1x15 cabs.
I've also made some custom speaker cabs.
One was a special "wide body" Thiele so a long head could fit on top.
It wasn't a fake wide body Thiele like Mesa makes (there's has an odd triangular port design).
Mine used the real Theile design an had an empty section added on to make it wider.

northernlights said:
I was thinking about changing speakers to put my Mark IIB on a diet, so I weighed it.

No EQ, Reverb or Simul-Class, just a plain 60W combo. The MS-12 Black Shadow weighs 15.8 lb, so I was looking at neo replacements to get close to 40 lb total, which would be really, really nice considering what it is.

That's actually not as bad as I would have expected. 50lbs is roughly the point where I want to switch to the head/cab setup to split up the weight. It is worth saying too that the Mark IIB I had was a 15 inch version, so it would have been a little heavier than a 12 inch version. I think it had an Altec speaker if I remember correctly. I forgot to tell you guys that.

gts said:
jack s. said:
gts said:

I've made quite a few 1x12 and Thiele cabinets too.
Currently making a couple of a 1x15 cabs.
I've also made some custom speaker cabs.
One was a special "wide body" Thiele so a long head could fit on top.
It wasn't a fake wide body Thiele like Mesa makes (there's has an odd triangular port design).
Mine used the real Theile design an had an empty section added on to make it wider.

I'll definitely keep that in mind and pm you if I buy the amp and want to go this route. I'd probably have to wait a little while for my bank account to recover of course haha.

Is a 60-watt version likely to have one of the output transformers in it that is hard on tubes? I know that some of the Mark IIC+ amps require really heavy duty tubes because the plate voltage is really high on them. I'm not sure if that is just for the 100 watt C+ amps though.

jack s. said:
Is a 60-watt version likely to have one of the output transformers in it that is hard on tubes? I know that some of the Mark IIC+ amps require really heavy duty tubes because the plate voltage is really high on them. I'm not sure if that is just for the 100 watt C+ amps though.
It's not the output transformer, but the power transformer that you need to be concerned with. The 60 watt versions are supposed to send 448V to the plates of the power tubes. You will be fine.

JOEY B. said:
jack s. said:
It's not the output transformer, but the power transformer that you need to be concerned with. The 60 watt versions are supposed to send 448V to the plates of the power tubes. You will be fine.

Ok gotcha. Thanks!

northernlights said:

I'm playing two shows today with my MK IIB with a new Celestion Neo Creamback. The new speaker is 4.2 lb, so the combo is down to about 41 lb. The sensitivity is only 97 dB I believe, so I'm thinking I'll be able to turn up more than usual, which is also a good thing.

HA9LE7v.jpg

Back