Mark I, II, III 15" Combos?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple of photos from my 15" Mark I combo, I bought it last year in Berkeley:

btw this is just eye candy; it gets played a lot. Too good of a looker and too good sounding to not play it out whenever possible.

This was on cl for about 40 days, one pic, and the description was for a mark 3. At a music store no less...turns out its a Mk2-B, 15"
I cannot find a definitive operating manual that explains the 2 1/4 jacks and one rca jack situated under the chassis. One is a "junction", one is for the dual Mesa footswitch...Mesa themselves were no help, in fact through some trial and error they were flat out wrong. Their manual online is not that great either, but I understand that somewhere out there is a really good Mesa operator manual....C'est la vie

i-jNqw3Ld-L.jpg

i-gShfdc3-L.jpg

i-vLx2DVL-L.jpg

I had a black tolex 15" Mark IIB maybe 15 years ago or so. It was a cool amp, but it was so heavy that I found myself not using it and I sold it.

jack s. said:
Nice! Mark II?
It was originally a Mark III, but I swapped my IIC+ in there for fun. Will likely put a Mark III back in there.

jack s. said:
I had a black tolex 15" Mark IIB maybe 15 years ago or so. It was a cool amp, but it was so heavy that I found myself not using it and I sold it.
These are heavy for sure, but I have a hardwood 2x12" Dual Rec Trem-o-Verb that takes the cake. I don't even try to move it on my own.

s-fresh said:
jack s. said:
Nice! Mark II?
It was originally a Mark III, but I swapped my IIC+ in there for fun. Will likely put a Mark III back in there.

jack s. said:
These are heavy for sure, but I have a hardwood 2x12" Dual Rec Trem-o-Verb that takes the cake. I don't even try to move it on my own.

Ok gotcha:) I believe you about the Trem-o-Verb weight. Sometimes it's worth owning gear just to look at and play through at home though.

Beautiful amp, scelerat! Please let me know if you ever intend on selling. I could give it a good local home in the Sierra foothills and would feed it all the 415s it could eat. :)

I'm looking to unload my tolex Mark III 15" at this point so decided to get a photo of the hardwood and tolex together before I split them up.

37750706022_6911982d94_z.jpg

I have a near mint IIC HRG-15 big Brother hardwood. Its about to go out to Mike to get a checkup.

Also have a Hardwood C+ DRG 1x12 combo. Excellent + condition.
I could possibly be into trading that one for a widebody IIC or C+, head or combo, cab style wouldn't matter as long as its HRG or DRG

gaskinz, I don't have anything to trade with you, but sure would like to see some photos of that hardwood big brother! I have a Mark I to drop off at Mesa soon, maybe I will try to time my trip so I can get a eye full of your amp. :)

You West Coast guys are lucky!. You're all like: "I'm gonna just stop by Mesa's shop and hang out for awhile..." lol
I actually only shipped the chassis and tank.
Cost me 80 bucks just to ship him a chassis all the way from Cincinnati. :|

gaskinz said:
You West Coast guys are lucky!. You're all like: "I'm gonna just stop by Mesa's shop and hang out for awhile..." lol|
Ha! I'm still a few hours away and it's all business there. Sit in the car for a few hours to spend 5 minutes in the lobby. I don't know these guys so I am not hanging out.

Here are the images from gaskinz. Very beautiful amp!

pu9FKI1.jpg

q4k73n8.jpg

rRAmAa7.jpg

N7BCEHf.jpg

I'm looking for a Slipcover for mine. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know. Original Leather one would be great but aftermarket will work too.

I got another one! It was a real mess but it cleaned up ok. I am going to look for another IIB Coliseum to swap into this thing. Hopefully one with GEQ but who knows!

I guess at this point if I find one of these hardwood 15" combos and it's reasonably priced I am just going to buy it and figure out what to do with it later. Just bought another one. IIB HRGX in padauk.

Back