TC50 Tube discussion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if it was the 5881s or the Nova System I had in the loop, but I had to really crank my TC50 at my gig over the weekend - like 2/3 to 3/4 full volume on both the channel master and the global master. I put the stock EL34s back in for now, but will need to further test with the Nova System and see if I need to tweak it for it's input and output signal. I've used the effects unit with another amp and had no volume issues whatsoever. Tone-wise, meh. I still prefer the 6V6s or stock EL34s. But, that's just my ears - and all through an EVM12L. While there was some similarity between the 6V6s and the 5881s, I still find the 6V6 tone to be more lively, especially on CH1.

Must be the nova system (one would hope anyway). Not sure where the amp runs exactly with 6L6 or 5881 but it does seem a bit softer than the EL34. Still it should be much louder than the 6V6.

I am really oogling the TC-100, having a quad of 6V6 may be too good or not good at all. will have to see when that time comes.....

Back